Bring back the Webcam cache!

You might be interested in a couple feature suggestions:

Bring Back Webcam Caches

Webcam Challenge (Add a new Challenge typ - Webcam Challenges)

Yes, but Waymarking and Challenges are not Geocaching! Might as well direct people to other sites that have webcams...

But, to answer OP: Groundspeak has decided that they no longer qualify as caches. Fortunately, they have grandfathered the ones that existed previously.

I was thinking about setting up a cache like this using my home security video camera system. ( one of the cameras records all of my 8-car driveway and a portion of the street.) and i have full control of viewing/recording DVR them. Is it possible i could set up a webcam cache, but using this method ? ( is the times, dates, and videos are recorded 24/7.

- Den

Edited by DenBarrett

I was thinking about setting up a cache like this using my home security video camera system. ( one of the cameras records all of my 8-car driveway and a portion of the street.) and i have full control of viewing/recording DVR them. Is it possible i could set up a webcam cache, but using this method ? ( is the times, dates, and videos are recorded 24/7.

- Den

You can set up a cache, a physical container with log, in range of the camera, and then post your pictures taken of cachers finding it.

You should absolutely WARN cachers that their picture is being taken, and that you plan to post it.

You could make this optional (should make this optional) if they want their picture posted by you, they should add date and time they were at the cache to their online log, to help you find that image.