Static Cling Travel Bugs

CanadianJake01

Hey there:

I just bought a static cling travel bug for my vehicle. Does anyone else out there have one? If so, do you enjoy having it placed on your vehicle?

My wife got me one last year. I enjoy using it to track my travels. The only downside I had was that the back windows of my Liberty are so darkly tinted that it was not visible so I had to put it on the windshield.

I have one on my car, but I don't use it to track my miles - only to be discovered. It's a new addition and got discovered a couple times at a recent event. I look forward to seeing where else it might be seen! I realize the most likely place is at events - luckily I try to go to events whenever I can, so hopefully it's spotted fairly often.

I bought one for my car but it was far too inconspicuous so I had new ones printed to normal stickers. Larger and bright pink but with the same number. I got discovered on the motorway the other day and at a promenade car park when I parked there for an hour while grabbing a cache. Made it totally worthwhile!

I have a magnet on our van, and it's been discovered a few times. Once, we were looking for a cache in another state, and another cacher stopped to chat, told us HE had a bug on his car, and we told him we did too, so we swapped. Another time, again, in another state looking for a cache, and another couple went looking for the same one and saw it. Someone at a stoplight logged it too. I had another magnet (that we misplaced), and my first log on it was someone watching WM webcams?? And I've seen a few that I've logged, most times they don't have many logs on them. I use mine to track miles from cache to cache, too.

I have a static on the rear window of our car. What I did is print out a sheet of just black that matches the size of the bug. Then I taped it behind the bug on the window so when you are outside, you can see the travel bug a bit better. The only time we had someone log it was when we ran into other cachers; don't know if anyone else sees it and can not read the code or what. I always keep my eye out on other cars for bugs.