Caching on Mars

Nice pictures coming back from the 4th rock from the Sun.

676001main_pia16051-43_946-710.jpg

Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies ...

Yep. Some day there will be GPS satellites circling Mars and the hint for 90% of the caches will be: Haqre n cvyr bs ebpxf

Look a those beckoning hills. I'd love to hike this planet. C'mon private space people, let's get a move on! B)

Since the term GEO denotes:

The Greek prefix geo- signifies "earth" eg. geology is the study of the Earth.

A Cache on Mars could not be called a "geocache"

It would have to be called an: Areo-cache

As:

There is a term for the study of the surface of Mars- Areology, from the name "Ares" - the Greek god of war, who is the equivalent to "Mars", the Roman god of war.

Happy Areo-caching- :laughing:

I am working with Nasa, The Canadian Space Agency and the European space agency to place a cache in our solar system right now. Will let you know how it goes. We are still working out what planet or moon to use. Right now Earths moon is in the lead. We are taking suggestions however

The study of the moon is called Selenology- so if it goes there it will be called a sele-cache.

In the mean-time for the absolute best in Geo-caching check out my hides, they are known as the best ones on the rock 93 million miles from the sun.

By the way a cache on the sun would be called a helio-cache- That would take on hell of a container though

Consider yourself now informed! You're welcome fellow cachers!

Edited by AneMae

As:

There is a term for the study of the surface of Mars- Areology, from the name "Ares" - the Greek god of war, who is the equivalent to "Mars", the Roman god of war.

I am working with Nasa, The Canadian Space Agency and the European space agency to place a cache in our solar system right now. Will let you know how it goes. We are still working out what planet or moon to use. Right now Earths moon is in the lead. We are taking suggestions however

The study of the moon is called Selenology- so if it goes there it will be called a sele-cache.

In the mean-time for the absolute best in Geo-caching check out my hides, they are known as the best ones on the rock 93 million miles from the sun.

By the way a cache on the sun would be called a helio-cache- That would take on hell of a container though

Make it into a virtual and ask how hot it was. :ph34r:

Nice pictures coming back from the 4th rock from the Sun.

676001main_pia16051-43_946-710.jpg

Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies ...

Yep. Some day there will be GPS satellites circling Mars and the hint for 90% of the caches will be: Haqre n cvyr bs ebpxf

Look a those beckoning hills. I'd love to hike this planet. C'mon private space people, let's get a move on! B)

Yes...those hills! Wow! It does feel like you are there! I can understand why they black out part of the picture but cant in the background unless they are hiding something thats there and dont want us to know.

As:

Good detail AneMae!! :grin: