Cop Travel Bug?

DASmomandthekids

I want to place my first cache and I want to put a few trackables in it. I am doing this in memory of my husband who passed away March 10, 2012 with pancreatic cancer. He was a cop, so I would like to use trackables that are police themed or possibly cancer awareness maybe. I don't see any on this site or anywhere else I've looked. Does anyone have any idea what I could do or where to find such an animal?

Probably the reason you don't find any is because those are "agenda" caches. Caches created to promote or highlight an agenda (of any kind) are verboten.

Be it a good agenda or a bad agenda, it is solely in the eyes of the beholder and there as many different viewpoints as there are people. Therefore, the agenda line is limited to "0".

What makes it not an agenda cache as opposed to not-an-agenda cache? Wording. Very, very, very careful wording.

If you have any doubt, pass it by your local reviewer before making such an attempt. They may simply say 'yea' or 'nay', but then too, they just may give you a nudge in the right direction or give you help and guidance. Take that which they offer.

------------------

EDIT to add: Sorry, I was speaking of caches. Reading your post again, I see you are speaking specifically of TB. The agenda rule DOES NOT apply to TB's.

TB's -- more rather the traveler that is attached to the TB (tag) is whatever you choose. You create it, or put on something that is directly related to your idea.

Keep in mind, that it should not be a sentimental keepsake. It may very well just plain disappear. If you cannot bear to lose it, do not send it out!

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

I don't know if you use e-bay at all, but you might find a LEO coin there. There is a CSI (cache scene investigation) geocoin up for auction right now, for example.

Also this one would be perfect "Thin Blue Line" from Coinsandpins.com They are inexpensive too so you could buy several. On their site they have a lot of military related geocoins. Watch though because some are not trackable coins, just make sure they say "trackable" in the description.

http://www.coinsandpins.com/geotags/cheap-trackable-geocoins/thin-blue-line-tag#.UBxTZN1qb2E

Edited by thehawkers3

I want to place my first cache and I want to put a few trackables in it. I am doing this in memory of my husband who passed away March 10, 2012 with pancreatic cancer. He was a cop, so I would like to use trackables that are police themed or possibly cancer awareness maybe. I don't see any on this site or anywhere else I've looked. Does anyone have any idea what I could do or where to find such an animal?

There's a "Police Officer Coin" here:

http://store.coinsforanything.com/p-171-police-officer-coin.aspx

Here's what I'd suggest. Drill a hole in that, attach a Travel Bug dogtag using a snap ring or cable (NOT the included ball chain), attach a little laminated "Mission Statement" with whatever text you'd like. The above coin isn't a Geocoin, so you'd need the TB to make it trackable. That's good because it adds a little substance to the coin.

You can save money and make it simpler to replace, if you use a keyring-sized acrylic photo holder instead of a "coin", attached to a TB dogtag. The photo holder can have pictures, text, whatever, on both sides.

Regardless, as mentioned, be sure it's something that won't bother you too much if it disappears. Otherwise, it's fine to keep it and let Geocachers "discover" it, or you may bring it to "visit" Geocaches. In that case, you can make a real nice Trackable that people will admire, that could never last in "the wilds".

Edited by kunarion