Forum error [#1000]

Alice.G

1. I am writing this post from my wife account!

2. Sorry for My poor English because am polish rolleyes.gif

Couple days ago i register on geocaching.com and pay for a Premium Member. After that i go to this Forum and...:

[#1000] You are not allowed to visit this forum.

So after that becouse i can do nothing (even change anything in my account e.g.. settings or profile) i try find solution on google.

And i find answer in google cache (from this forum) other people one yer ago have the same problem and solution was just email to:

contact@Groundspeak.com. And i send.

Unfortunately, the person who wrote back to me on the email did not help me. So I tried to find the reason that I could not use this forum.

1st I notes this Forum is on IPBoard so i found copule answer which can help:

On IPBoard i find this answers:

A.) "It looks like you have been IP banned by the hosts Administrator"

B.) "Contact the hosts Admin and ask why you are IP banned, and/or they can remove the ban.

C.) And LINK where is (i think) solution for similar problems.

Of course i write again email with this information. But till now no answer and not help huh.gif

Maybe another (Admins) are there and help me... Please?

We are beginners and that be help very much when we can read other members posts or ask something...

Andrew Galas (registered as Andrew.Galas)

I don't think that is the problem otherwise it would affect your wife's account too.

Go to this page, enter your username and password, and click "Sign in." What happens? Please copy any error exactly.

Another possibility, do you happen to have some strange characters in your password? (other than regular letters A to Z) I think I remember reading that the forum had some problem with some characters. If this is the case, go back to the geocaching.com website, change your password, then come back and try to login to the forums.

I don't think that is the problem otherwise it would affect your wife's account too.

But maybe ban to member name?

Go to this page, enter your username and password, and click "Sign in." What happens? Please copy any error exactly.

As you wish:

zrzut_geocaching_forum.png

Another possibility, do you happen to have some strange characters in your password? (other than regular letters A to Z) [cut]

Nope huh.gif

But is there any admin witch have any knowledge how to using IPBoard? Beacouse i think here is answer. If i don't Log in i can see full Forum (like after Log in to Alice account)

Why anyway i investigation what is wrong here...?

Edited by Alice.G

But maybe ban to member name?

As you wish:

zrzut_geocaching_forum.png

Another possibility, do you happen to have some strange characters in your password? (other than regular letters A to Z) [cut]

Nope huh.gif

But is there any admin witch have any knowledge how to using IPBoard? Beacouse i think here is answer. If i don't Log in i can see full Forum (like after Log in to Alice account)

Why anyway i investigation what is wrong here...?

At the bottom of the page in the Getting Started forum, you'll find "Forum led by" and a list of the moderators. Maybe it's possible to get an automatic ban, and if so, a moderator can undo that.

The only promising thing I found was this:

Tried deleting cookies in Firefox? Right click the page -> View Page Info -> Security -> View Cookies -> delete all

But that's no good unless you're using Firefox. If you aren't using Firefox, try using Firefox. :anicute:

Edited by kunarion

1. We don't do IP bans in this Forum.

2. There is no account ban on the Andrew.Galas account because the account has never posted. You have to do something wrong to be denied access to the Forums.

3. I wonder if the account's username change today made things worse? I would start all over again, accessing the forums from the website using the account's current username.

Hmm. I was just looking at your screenshot you posted above, and looking at the upper-right corner, it appears you *are* logged in. Perhaps you're just navigating to some section that you don't have access to. What if you simply go to the top level of the forums?

Also curious is the "Resend Validation" link. I thought only the main website does any validation. And according to that page, you are validated. :unsure:

Hmm. I was just looking at your screenshot you posted above, and looking at the upper-right corner, it appears you *are* logged in. Perhaps you're just navigating to some section that you don't have access to. What if you simply go to the top level of the forums?

Also curious is the "Resend Validation" link. I thought only the main website does any validation. And according to that page, you are validated. :unsure:

Could it be as simple as signing out of the Forums, then signing back in?

I read your answers and nothing help.

I am using computers in different systems (linux, windows, OSX) from 1982 so am not a beginner.

I try on my both comp (Mac and PC), Firefox, Chrome, Safari and every time the same score.

Couple years ago i was a admin on one forum but not on IPBoards.

I really thing its something wrong in this. Maybe simple e.g.. i am not in any group of members?

Becouse when i log out i can see and read all on the forum...

Could it be as simple as signing out of the Forums, then signing back in?

I also was curious as to why there was that 'Resend Validation' link up there. What happens when you click it?

I am using computers in different systems (linux, windows, OSX) from 1982 so am not a beginner.

In your OP, you specified that you are a beginner (so I misinterpreted your statement). Regardless, something like this is usually so easy to fix, people don't even try it, beginner or not. So that's one reason I suggested some obvious things, one of which fixed your exact problem on another message board.

Did you change your user name? If you have two users on the same computer, one had a name change and then changed to Premium membership, it may take a while for all the changes to propagate. That is, it may suddenly start working for "no reason".

Also, I see a period "." in a username, and get a cold sweat :anicute: thinking about how some non-alphabetic character confuses some scripts. I'm sure yours is fine, I'm just thinking out loud :anitongue:.

Did you contact Groundspeak or PM a moderator?

In your OP, you specified that you are a beginner (so I misinterpreted your statement). Regardless, something like this is usually so easy to fix, people don't even try it, beginner or not. So that's one reason I suggested some obvious things, one of which fixed your exact problem on another message board.

Yes i understand and agree. I am goin ask here after simple step wchich i done first. And yes we are beginners... In Geocaching... laughing.gif

Did you change your user name?

Yes i did.

If you have two users on the same computer, one had a name change and then changed to Premium membership, it may take a while for all the changes to propagate. That is, it may suddenly start working for "no reason".

I register second account for my wife couple days after register myself.

Also, I see a period "." in a username, and get a cold sweat :anicute: thinking about how some non-alphabetic character confuses some scripts. [...].

Scripts is just a script. Somebody "write" a script and if making any mistakes...

Did you contact Groundspeak or PM a moderator?

Well. I wrote about that in my first post. Yes i did...

Scripts is just a script. Somebody "write" a script and if making any mistakes...

Sure, but if removing a "." period is all it takes to solve the problem, I might do that rather than wait for a script to be re-programmed. Just an example, I have no idea if a period is important to the issue, probably not.

While you wait, would you mind posting a timeline of events? You signed up for Geocaching, made some forum posts, everything's fine, changed your username, paid for Premium Membership, then signed up your wife, now the forum is broken, except your wife's account is fine. <- In that order?

What was your previous user name? What web browser are you using? If all of that seems too nosey or you don't want to say, that's OK. I think it would be cool to figure out what exactly caused "Forum Error 1000", and fix it. I can't tell if I'd be any help. But I think more information is needed.

Edited by kunarion

Sure, but if removing a "." period is all it takes to solve the problem, I might do that rather than wait for a script to be re-programmed. Just an example, I have no idea if a period is important to the issue, probably not.

While you wait, would you mind posting a timeline of events? You signed up for Geocaching, made some forum posts, everything's fine, changed your username, paid for Premium Membership, then signed up your wife, now the forum is broken, except your wife's account is fine. <- In that order?

What was your previous user name? What web browser are you using? If all of that seems too nosey or you don't want to say, that's OK. I think it would be cool to figure out what exactly caused "Forum Error 1000", and fix it. I can't tell if I'd be any help. But I think more information is needed.

1. I register to geocaching.com

2. Paid for Premium Membership

3. Go to Forum... - Zonk

4. Change name, checking couple things, contact with support etc... don't help

5. Registered my wife account, and write posts about my problem here on Forum

P.s. Sorry for late answer but i have my family visiting Wales...

I'm not tech savvy at all, so I'll be of no help, but when you say that the person who wrote back to you from Groundspeak was no help, what was their reply? Did you return another email to them explaining that?

I have very long conversation on "Help Centre"

This is last email:

Aug 8 2012, 11:11 AM

Hello there,

At this time I do not have a solution. I will pass your request along to our liaison to engineering int hopes that he can shed some light on this for you. He is out office until Monday of next week and will not be able to look into your concern into mid-late week next week.

I am sorry for the continued delay but there is little that I can do at this time.

Best,

B#####y

Like you see engineering help very well