New Feature Request

Today, as is the case every Friday, I recieved the Groundspeak Weekly Newsletter in my e-mail inbox. Of course, toward the bottom, there is a list of all of the new geocaches that have popped up within 100 miles of my home in the past week.

It occured to me that it would be nice to include all new Waymarks as part of that list, as well. Perhaps it would increase visibility of the Waymarking brand, and possibly win over more active Waymarkers in the process.

. . . just a thought

Today, as is the case every Friday, I recieved the Groundspeak Weekly Newsletter in my e-mail inbox. Of course, toward the bottom, there is a list of all of the new geocaches that have popped up within 100 miles of my home in the past week.

It occured to me that it would be nice to include all new Waymarks as part of that list, as well. Perhaps it would increase visibility of the Waymarking brand, and possibly win over more active Waymarkers in the process.

. . . just a thought

Depending on the week, that could make for a REALLY lengthy list! Do I want an email telling me the 50+ new waymarks hamquilter posted this past week? No! I'd rather just check for it on the Waymarking site. I completely understand your point of view, though, and it's a logical suggestion to include new waymarks! I just think I'd prefer to see the list of new WM on the WM site rather than in an email with the new geocaches. Just my thoughts on the idea.

How about if the weekly e-mail was fully customizable? For example:

-Choosing the distance I wish to be notified about (10, 25, 50, 100 miles)

-Choosing between new Geocaches, or new Waymarks, or both

-Choosing to include (or ignore) certain types of Geocaches

-Choosing to include (or ignore) certain categories of Waymarks

Then, the list I'm sent each week will be EXACTLY the kind of items that I'm looking for, within the distance that I'm interested in visiting. Any thoughts?

How about if the weekly e-mail was fully customizable? For example:

-Choosing the distance I wish to be notified about (10, 25, 50, 100 miles)

-Choosing between new Geocaches, or new Waymarks, or both

-Choosing to include (or ignore) certain types of Geocaches

-Choosing to include (or ignore) certain categories of Waymarks

Then, the list I'm sent each week will be EXACTLY the kind of items that I'm looking for, within the distance that I'm interested in visiting. Any thoughts?

Now you're talking! Great ideas! Love it.

I've recently started finding a bunch of waymarks. I was interested only because GSAK and badge gen has a badge for the stats output on geocaching.com. I have talked to a lot of cachers and none of them do waymarks only because they don't show up on the main website. If there was a simple count on your profile page with an icon like benchmarks, I know a lot more people would be interested. Is there any reason the sites are so divorced in this area? I think waymarks are more interesting than a lot of caches. May just be a phase for me, I guess we will see after another hundred waymarks.

Thanks,

Dan