Best series of caches ever

I think in a nutshell it is the personal experience of the geocachers finding them, you know the old saying "you can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time". But IMHO, I think a series that shows that the CO put a lot of thought into the placement and is has a location that has some visual significant works for me, on the other hand a string of LP caches turns me off….

Edited by EvilTree

Depends on your definition of series??

I have a series of Oregon Trail caches placed across a wide section of Wyoming and Nebraska along the old Oregon trail but placed over 10 years time and none really much like the others except for the proximity to the trail and historic markers. Lots of folks that have taken the time to find them say they liked the series.

It also depends on your definition of best. Some cachers would say the best series is a powertrail, while others might say it's a 5 cache series along a mountain ridge. Everyone likes different things, so there isn't a universal "best".

My favorite series is workerofwood's Assume Nothing series, which he describes as "a series of common hides, with a twist." I haven't found them all yet, but the ones I've found have all been Favorites, and I'm looking forward to finding the rest eventually. Some feature amazing camouflage. Some feature entertaining field puzzles. Some feature... very interesting twists of other kinds.

I imagine folks definition would be different. The PEACE puzzles in Washington is a series, but has different owners and caches on both sides of the lake. Some such series may not have a final at all. I would need a definition to answer that, like do you mean a series of caches by a single owner where they have a bonus final cache whose coordinates are divined from finding the prior ones? This is not even counting the question of power trails.

I was wondering, what are the elements of a great geocaching series? Is it the location or the difficulty or is it the puzzle aspect (if included) or is one series the same as the next...

Yeah, as others have said, not enough information, If you're talking about a series of X number of caches that have clues to the final in the series, that's all about location for me. As a matter of fact almost all of Geocaching is about location for me. And keep in mind, Idd even define a small park in anytown USA to be an interesting location. Providing that small park is not surrounded by people's houses, where seekers are in full view of them. :P

So yeah, I did a series of 12 caches with clues to the 13th all along the Bruce Trail in Ontario, a 600 mile long hikers paradise (for the most part). These were spread out over about 20 miles I'd say. The math for the 13th was not hard at all, although me and my caching partner each did it about 3 times apiece to make sure we agreed. Placed in like 2003 or 2004, and long since archived.

Of course these days, someone could put these caches 550 feet apart on the trail!! :P

I have a series of Oregon Trail caches placed across a wide section of Wyoming and Nebraska along the old Oregon trail but placed over 10 years time and none really much like the others except for the proximity to the trail and historic markers. Lots of folks that have taken the time to find them say they liked the series.

Has any cacher died of dysentery while doing this series?

I was wondering, what are the elements of a great geocaching series? Is it the location or the difficulty or is it the puzzle aspect (if included) or is one series the same as the next...

In my opinion I think a great series would mean that they all share a common trait, but each cache still be unique to itself, I know that's a bit of an oxymoron.