Website forgets language setting

ffts

When I set the language to German in language settings this works for a while.

The geocaching.com website shows up in German. Even when I log off an on again, it works properly.

But suddenly some days later (don't know how long it exactly takes, maybe one week) the page is in English again.

In the profile's language setting the setting has been changed back to English, too.

I've noticed this behavior since more than a year and the bug is still not fixed.

• Upvote 1

I have the same problem. It is also independant from the browser I use and from the OS I use. I have noticed this error using Firefox, Safari and Chrome on Windows XP, Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.7. So I would say at 99% it is not a client problem, but a problem of the geocaching.com webapp.

Thorsten

I have the same problem. It is also independant from the browser I use and from the OS I use. I have noticed this error using Firefox, Safari and Chrome on Windows XP, Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.7. So I would say at 99% it is not a client problem, but a problem of the geocaching.com webapp.

Thorsten

Same problem, i thought first it was only after updates of the website, but it is almost after evry logIn now..getting a little annoying..

4 hours ago, E.U.S.A.L said:

This issue is still not solved!

Still a few days after setting my GC.com language to German it falls back to English.

Any solution?

You bumped a pretty old thread. In the past 5 years, we have learned that c:geo is the cause of this issue. I assume that you are using it?

5 hours ago, E.U.S.A.L said:

This issue is still not solved!

Still a few days after setting my GC.com language to German it falls back to English.

Any solution?

1 hour ago, Moun10Bike said:

You bumped a pretty old thread. In the past 5 years, we have learned that c:geo is the cause of this issue. I assume that you are using it?

Busted...

21 minutes ago, on4bam said:

Why? c:geo is not illegal to use. It's just that GS doesn't allow scraping the site. c:geo users that load GPX/PQ files from downloads are not doing anything wrong.

In that case the language setting do not change - busted again :lol:

• Upvote 1