search for shared bookmark lists

sejtam

If the ability to 'share' bookmark lists is considered a feature, why then is there no way to search

for lists?

I would like to find lists of recommended caches for locations I travel to.

While such lists do exist, it is hard to find about their existence, as one needs to look through

several (posisbly hundreds) of caches to see what lists they are on, before discovering the useful lists.

If the ability to 'share' bookmark lists is considered a feature, why then is there no way to search

for lists?

I would like to find lists of recommended caches for locations I travel to.

While such lists do exist, it is hard to find about their existence, as one needs to look through

several (posisbly hundreds) of caches to see what lists they are on, before discovering the useful lists.

Agree such a search feature has long been needed.

Although you can shorten your search by sorting on favorite points and then looking through a few of those for lists they appear on.

Agreed!

I just recently stumbled across a list that was of all challenge caches, the CO had like 3 of these lists.

It got me to wondering, about these bookmark lists, which for the longest I have basically ignored.

But am finding them more and more intriguing.

And of use when travelling, why the "Public" bookmarks are un-searchable is beyond me, as is with many others I am sure!

So, I tried a search attempt on the site...still does not exist..so I tried Google, and well that pulls up a few, along with other junk.

Figured my next stop, try the forums, and this is where I landed, so next stop, who knows, one thing I did find in Google, which is more for Austria, is a list of lists, well here is the link, still wondering if there is such a site for the USA, or any other portion of this globe we all reside on.

But I do hope that when I check the support forum, this is on the frogs list of updates one day!

Lack of this feature has annoyed me in the past. It's annoying me again today. I'm taking a cruise to Hawaii with my wife in early November. The only way I can see to find any kind of Hawaii bookmark list is to search through caches in Hawaii and see if there are any linked bookmarks on the cache page. NOT an efficient way to do things.

It seems to me that a "Search Shared Bookmarks" feature where I could simply enter "Hawaii" or "cruise" as a search term ought to be a piece of cake to implement.

(Of course things ALWAYS seem like a piece of cake to the folks who don't have to do the actual implementation...)

There is a difference between "shared" and "public" lists. A search feature for public lists would be okay with me, though I'm not sure how you'd implement this, but a search list for "shared" lists would not be.

One of the advantages of a shared list is that you can choose who sees it, who it's shared with.

It's not visible, unless you send a URL to someone.

This is by design.