App Feature Addition

Festeraeb

Could you please add a Vehicle location festure to the App. I do a lot of caches that are remote and require a lot of hiking. I think a very useful feature would be a button that marks the GPS co-ordinates of your vehicle and then later allows you to track back to it.

I'm not familiar with the iPhone version, but in the Android version, you can add waypoints that are associated with a cache. The problem with using one of these waypoints for parking is that if you find the cache, it becomes harder to access the waypoints associated with it.

The app really does need a way to create waypoints that are not associated with any cache, like parking waypoints or other navigation waypoints.

I'm not familiar with the iPhone version, but in the Android version, you can add waypoints that are associated with a cache. The problem with using one of these waypoints for parking is that if you find the cache, it becomes harder to access the waypoints associated with it.

The app really does need a way to create waypoints that are not associated with any cache, like parking waypoints or other navigation waypoints.

My old garmin GPS12 had a MOB button which stood for man over board. I would just hit that when I left my car and it saved as waypoint 001. I just think it would be a handy safety feature. I know when I am looking at my GPS trying to find a cache I sometimes am not as congnesant of my surroundings as I am if I was just out hiking

I would agree that the ability to add the location of your car, aside from doing so as an additional waypoint of a cache, would be excellent! I currently use the google maps and drop a pin at my cars location then add that as PARKING in my contacts. Its a work around, that allows me to then navigate to a contact via google maps. This feature in the APP would be wonderful

This feature already exists...

When at our car, go into the wpt feature and select "set to current location" and name it Car.

Since I run everything off of PQ (especially caches where knowing where my car is parked is a priority) the caches are always there. When I'm done with my caching day, I simply navigate back to my first cache...

I would agree that the ability to add the location of your car, aside from doing so as an additional waypoint of a cache, would be excellent! I currently use the google maps and drop a pin at my cars location then add that as PARKING in my contacts. Its a work around, that allows me to then navigate to a contact via google maps. This feature in the APP would be wonderful

Yup. I've done this too. Easy peasy