Signs of a good day of caching

I don't have photo of it but that looks similar to what my shoes looked like last weekend. There was a Geocache event & breakfast a couple hrs from home so we decided to go caching afterwards. It had been raining along the drive but had stopped & was overcast. Of course with it being a "new cache" area for us we decided to spend the day caching. Needless to say it ended up pouring rain. Ended up soaked & muddy but was loads of fun :laughing:

My best days of caching I usually go home with water still in my hiking boots, mud on my jeans, a few dead batteries in my pocket, a few scrapes and bruises, and at least one clothing article ruined! Here's a pic of a cacher after finding one of my terrain 5 caches where you had to crawl into a muddy crevice so small you had to lay on your belly in mud and wriggle all the way in, and wriggle backwards all the way out... not for the claustrophobic. To make life interesting, every one of my maintenance visits to the cache was alone, at night.

8f483468-19cc-4897-89a3-399319ad6a67.jpg

Edited by Sky King 36

Caching with good Friends always makes for a good day.

be82da83-f234-4df6-83c2-85af18434ed6.jpg

At the same time, finding a cool cache and/or one located in a scenic area make for a good day as well. We had stopped by to scope this cache out but immediately saw that it wasn't gonna get got that day. Ended up receiving a nice birthday present (the perfect tool for this cache) the next month so went back to try again. The tide was about halfway out so i had to trudge out in ankle to almost knee deep mud. Then had to make the climb up to grab the container. It's hanging there just above my head.

aa2eb22e-eaa5-4057-b1e0-ce256d943bf8.jpg