Build Pocket Query and get the "found" ones

cmah

Hi there

My apologies if this has been already answered in the forum.

Presently I have 151 finds (done in 4 different countries)

I am trying to run a PQ with the "found" ones and export the .gps to GSAK, but there is no way to get the total 151 finds, the result is much less

Probably I am not choosing the right filters (have only choosen the countries). Any better idea ?

thx a lot

Hi there

My apologies if this has been already answered in the forum.

Presently I have 151 finds (done in 4 different countries)

I am trying to run a PQ with the "found" ones and export the .gps to GSAK, but there is no way to get the total 151 finds, the result is much less

Probably I am not choosing the right filters (have only choosen the countries). Any better idea ?

thx a lot

"Normal" PQs will only cover so much, (nothing beyond a certain distance from home, no archived caches etc)

Lower down the "build PQ" page you will see the "My Finds" section

and a clickable button "Add to Queue" this PQ will return ALL your finds

sorry, it works with the "My Finds Pocket Query", should have tried that before :-)

my question now is to get the "found date" into gsak, this fiel is empty

thx

Hello, cmah ---- I ran a "My Finds" Pocket Query just a couple days ago and made a GSAK database out of the result. Just now, I asked GSAK to show me the "Date Found" and it did for all 886 of my finds. Hoping that I don't insult your intelligence, here's how to do that. In GSAK, with your "My Finds" database (or any other database) displayed, go to the TOOLS menu, click on OPTIONS, then click on DISPLAY. On the left-hand side of the next screen you should see a box with lots of little "check" boxes inside it. Look for the little check-box labeled "Date found by me" and click on that box to enter a check mark. Then go to the bottom of the page, click OK and then take a look at your database. You should see a "Date found" column and there should be an entry for every cache listed. Keep in mind that GSAK will place this column at the far, right-hand side of your display so, depending on how many columns you have in your display, you might have to scroll over there to see it. Hope this helps.

p2tek/Bill

Hi so I ran the my finds query by clicking the button "add to queue" at the bottom underneath my finds and it came up with a total of 429 waypoints when I have over 600 finds... I now have to wait another 6 days and I have a feeling its going to do the same thing...

Were some of them multiple find logs on the same cache?

According to Project-GC the OP's account has no duplicate logs.

The account has found 149 caches that have been archived.

I'm thinking that the pocket query wasn't a "My Finds" query, especially given the statement that it will be another week before the query can be run again. "All finds" queries can be run every three days.

I'm thinking that the pocket query wasn't a "My Finds" query, especially given the statement that it will be another week before the query can be run again. "All finds" queries can be run every three days.

Yes you can run the MyFinds every three days but Groundspeak has not updated the Pocket Queries Ready for Download page. It still erroneously shows six days.

screencapture_zps4dad14f2.jpg

The PQ page where you can select the MyFinds does correctly show three days.

The best way to do your match in GSAK is by user ID. You can find your user ID on your account page, On the Tools->Options page under Method for matching select Owner ID # and then enter your ID. On the Advanced tab make sure Interrogate logs for Founds/DNF is ticked. If this does not straighten it out, under Database->Repair/Defrag run the defrag. This will force GSAK to reevaluate all found logs.

Yes you can run the MyFinds every three days but Groundspeak has not updated the Pocket Queries Ready for Download page. It still erroneously shows six days.

screencapture_zps4dad14f2.jpg

The PQ page where you can select the MyFinds does correctly show three days.

No, that's not right. the information in that image is correct. That's the download tab, so the dates shown there aren't the next date the PQ can be run, it's how much longer the file will be available for download. When you run a PQ, the resulting file is available for download for a week. If you run the same PQ again within that week, the new file will be available for download and the date available refreshes.

Agree that the date by the download my finds button is accurate:

e25ea7a6-2067-4828-9b23-1c17c319220b.jpg

Edited by hzoi