Geocaching is great to do with my gf!

kwonchoba

So I stated geocaching over the summer. I think over like 4 months I only found 4. I wasnt very good at it at all. I told my gf about it awhile ago and she thought it was silly. So one day last month I said lets try it. Well we did and within the 3 hours we were out together we found 5 caches. We went out for our second time together and with in 4 more hours we found 5 more. Well maybe I should say SHE found most of them :P. Just want to thank geocaching for being something me and her can do together and have a hell of a time doing.

We are now in the process of making a few caches to hide our selves.

Thanks!

1. Tell your gf to create her own account, right away!

2. Please try to find a variety of caches before hiding any of your own (and more than 14). Find easy ones, hard ones, small ones, big ones, ones that require a hike, ones that are urban hides. Finding a variety of caches before you start hiding any is HIGHLY recommended!

Glad you two had fun geocaching together!

It's a great hobby to do 'together' whether its a husband/wife, family with kids, friends, boy/girl friends...etc.

My husband and I enjoy it tremendously!! It's a great way to spend time together and you can do it on your own time (no schedules to follow) - just pack up, get in the car, and drive.

My husband and I have ONE account. In your situation, it might be best to have separate accounts..... or not. It depends on what SHE wants to do. The important thing is...that you're getting out and enjoying it together.

Finding a variety of caches before you start hiding any is HIGHLY recommended!

... but not required. Feel free to start hiding caches when you feel you're ready. Just don't rush into it if you're not ready.

And remember, hiding caches involves more than just placing a box somewhere. You also have to maintain it going forward.

Welcome to the sport! And keep having fun!