What are those GeoBots?

Dr. Bunsen Honeydew

I have tried to submit a couple of caches in the last week and I keep getting what seems to be guff from those automated geobots? They tell me my cache will be checked by a human soon, then they tell me I haven't given them the GCXXXX number so they can't do anything? I wish they would tell me what that number is and how to obtain it (I'm a newbie). So are the geobots really an automated program or are they a mean person pretending to be an automated program?

Thanks for your time,

Dr. Bunsen Honeydew

Your first cache submission was archived because the description says it's in town A, but the map puts it way far away from there. The approver asked you to verify the coordinates. You need to respond to his message before your cache can be approved. Go to your cache page, click on the admin's name in the archive note, and send him an e-mail. Include the GC number from your cache page, and the cache title, when you write back.

You submitted the same cache twice and the second one was archived as a duplicate.

You submitted a different cache this morning; give the approver a chance to look it over. The approvers are all volunteers. We ask for 24 to 48 hours as a reasonable expectation for turnaround on reviewing a new cache submission. More than 800 new caches were reported over the long weekend and we are still wading through the queue.

In the approval process, you will receive two kinds of e-mails from the automated mail 'bot': one confirms that your submission was received; the other kind is sent only if your cache is archived or put on hold because there are questions. The text of the archive message is written by a real human but not by a "mean person" as you suggest. A mean person would be someone who approved a cache whose coordinates were way off of where they were supposed to be.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck with your caches.

--------------------

Saving the day and approving all the caches... before bedtime!

quote:
Originally posted by sbell111:

I love the word 'guff'. For some reason, I've never actually added it to my vocabulary, but I still really like it.

My dad was from Iowa and used 'guff' in place of 'a hard time'. He also said 'fap', which was similar to 'dang'. He also said he was from Eye-o-way. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Cholo:

My dad ...said he was from I-o-way. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
What did I-o-way, boy, what did I-o-way?

I ask you now as a personal friend,

What did I-o-way?

She weighed a Washing-ton, boy, she weighed a Washing-ton

She weighed a Washing-ton, boy, she weighed a Washing-ton...

My daughter sure loves her Silly Songs tape.

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Well the mountain was so beautiful that this guy built a mall and a pizza shack

Yeah he built an ugly city because he wanted the mountain to love him back -- Dar Williams