[FEATURE] ALLOW OWNED TRACKABLES TO VISIT EVERY CACHE LOGGED AUTOMATICALLY

shantz_uk_&_cleverclogs

We own a trackable and wish it to visit every cache we log as found to accumulate mileage. It would be a nice feature to allow this funtion to automatically happen each time we log a cache find from our PC. It could be done with a trackable held in the owners collection thus still allowing others to discover it but not allowing them to grab it. Im sure other cachers will have ideas on this subject and look forward to reading them and hopefully seeing something like this option coming to fruition.

Regards

It would be nice if this setting was easy to toggle. For example, I have a trackable walking stick. If I take it on a geocaching hike, then I'd like to dip it in every cache I find on that hike. But I don't want to dip it in the other caches I find (e.g., the drive-up cache I find during my lunch hour).

First this is not an endorcement of GSAK or any other of that Legal yada yada yada if you get my meaning.

Now with that said.

This is kind of a duel purpose reply because they go hand in hand with GC.com and the GSAK V.8 program

I can see this as a very useful tool (Feature) for logging Power Trails or a backlog of finds from a vacation.

Because in a few months I'll be doing the Rt 66 (800) and ET (1500) power trails and will want to dip my trackables into every log.

Now that GSAK V.8 can access GC.com for a plethora of stuff including a feature that is the nearly the same as GC.com field notes.

However, with GC.com you have to cut and paste one log at a time, scroll down and then click the "all visited" then click the submit button. This can take days to log over 2300+ caches doing them one at a time. So any way that the logging time can be shortened by any means its worth it.

So I give this idea a huge endorcement all it would take is a box near the top of the text area to click that says "All Trackables Visited" that when checked stays checked until the author unchecks it and anything in the trackables inventory would automaticly logged as visited. I don't think it would hurt to add another submit log button to the top either which would save time scolling to the bottom of the page to submit the log.

But from reading the GSAK forums it sounds like GC.com and GSAK are in close contact with one another regarding several other features other than this one that will be benificial to all involved with Geocaching.

First this is not an endorcement of GSAK or any other of that Legal yada yada yada if you get my meaning.

Now with that said.

This is kind of a duel purpose reply because they go hand in hand with GC.com and the GSAK V.8 program

I can see this as a very useful tool (Feature) for logging Power Trails or a backlog of finds from a vacation.

Because in a few months I'll be doing the Rt 66 (800) and ET (1500) power trails and will want to dip my trackables into every log.

Now that GSAK V.8 can access GC.com for a plethora of stuff including a feature that is the nearly the same as GC.com field notes.

Sounds great. But just when is GSAK going to become usable by us Mac users?