Logging on to the forum

rogbarn

I post from two different PCs. On the one at work I am always logged on to the forum. The one at home, I am listed as not logged on and when I click on login, I am sent to the My Cache Page on geocaching instead of logging me into the forum. I know something was changed recently in this area but didn't realize this until yesterday. What's going on?

quote:
Originally posted by RogBarn:

I post from two different PCs. On the one at work I am always logged on to the forum. The one at home, I am listed as not logged on and when I click on login, I am sent to the My Cache Page on geocaching instead of logging me into the forum. I know something was changed recently in this area but didn't realize this until yesterday. What's going on?

Not sure what's happening in your particular case, but the easiest way to access the forums is to check the "Remember Me" box on the Geocaching.com login page to set a permanent cookie, then use this link to access the forums:

http://www.geocaching.com/login/forums.asp

The combination of those two should prevent funny forum redirection problems. Let me know if this is helpful.

-Elias

Yesterday I was unable to log on to the forums page. When I clicked on the log on link it would send me to my cache page. I was already signed on to the main site. I did find that I could sign out and sign back on checking sign on to forums as well. That was the only way to sign in 'till this morning. Now the log on appears to work.

There is a new glitch though. The avatars and sig pics are not loading. Just the red X in the pic location.

Preparation, the first law to survival.

39197_400.jpggeol1.jpg

Mokita!

quote:
Originally posted by leatherman:

There is a new glitch though. The avatars and sig pics are not loading. Just the red X in the pic location.

We just reboot the server, so the images weren't up for a short bit.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™

quote:
Originally posted by Elias:

but the easiest way to access the forums is to check the "Remember Me" box on the Geocaching.com login page to set a permanent cookie, then use this link to access the forums...

I do use that (and advocate it as much as possible), yet the problem was still there yesterday and this morning. Whatever Jeremy did to "fix" the problem has made the problem disappear since about 10 this morning (CST).

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

"Therapy is expensive but bubble wrap is free."

quote:
Originally posted by Elias:

Not sure what's happening in your particular case, but the easiest way to access the forums is to check the "Remember Me" box on the Geocaching.com login page to set a permanent cookie, then use this link to access the forums:

http://www.geocaching.com/login/forums.asp

The combination of those two should prevent funny forum redirection problems. Let me know if this is helpful.

-Elias

I logged out and back in clicking both the forums box and the remember box. Everything is fine now. Many thanks for your help.