Rules

Yellow Otters

I have team account and both my wife and I use it as we cache around with our kids. I am in Hawaii and she flew to Cali for Christmas I have been out caching all week and today I see she has been teaching her family in Cali about it also.

So my question is it ok for me to be logging caches and TB's in Hawaii while she is logging them in Cali also? What the written rule or unwritten rule?

I know I am not the first to do this.

Thanks

I doubt there is a "rule" associated with this. I know I'll probably get flack for this but I've always looked at it as you play how you want to play, and everyone else plays how they want to play. As long as you aren't going to lose sleep over it, had fun finding the caches, and she had fun finding the caches then it shouldn't matter one bit.

As a cache owner, I put caches out for the enjoyment of others. As long as the cache was found and you had fun finding it, it doesn't matter to me who on your team found it.

:)

I have team account and both my wife and I use it as we cache around with our kids. I am in Hawaii and she flew to Cali for Christmas I have been out caching all week and today I see she has been teaching her family in Cali about it also.

So my question is it ok for me to be logging caches and TB's in Hawaii while she is logging them in Cali also? What the written rule or unwritten rule?

I know I am not the first to do this.

Thanks

It is totally fine. You may want to eventually create individual accounts for personal tracking and use the team/family account for your achievements when you are together. There is a way for you to keep one PM account and log PM caches via a basic account.

The only thing that may occur is some doubt that you were actually able to travel back and forth over the pacific to find caches on the same day. Just state in your log that this is a family account and you are logging some caches while on business and the family is still in California. This would clear up any issue of doubt as to how you were able to travel so fast.

The main thing is to not worry too much about it and each of you log your finds.

I doubt there is a "rule" associated with this. I know I'll probably get flack for this but I've always looked at it as you play how you want to play, and everyone else plays how they want to play. As long as you aren't going to lose sleep over it, had fun finding the caches, and she had fun finding the caches then it shouldn't matter one bit.

As a cache owner, I put caches out for the enjoyment of others. As long as the cache was found and you had fun finding it, it doesn't matter to me who on your team found it.

:)

+1

Totally agree. Cache however makes you happy and just enjoy. :smile:

Another vote for It's Absolutely Fine. One account for you both, or separate accounts if you prefer, whichever is must convenient for the way you want to play the game.

One small suggestion though: If you're still geocaching in 5+ years sometimes it's nice to look back at all the earlier logs. When either MrB or I find a cache 'on our own' we put (MrB) or (MrsB) at the end of our log as a useful reminder that only one of us was there that time. Then you don't end up staring at a log many years down the line thinking, "Hmmmm, what was that? I don't recall that one at all..."

Have fun :)

MrsB

Edited by The Blorenges

Thanks for the info. I didnt think about it until I logged one today and saw that TB crossed the ocean twice in one day. LOL

This is the only issue I see with your case and it shouldn't happen. I would say that whoever has the TB should be logging it, the other person should not.

This is true. It could, on the face of it, appear to be the actions of an armchair (virtual) log.

Perfectly fine.

We log everything under one account, so there has been an occasion or two where one of us was out of town and each of us found caches during that time, in totally different parts of the country. When that has happened, we indicate on the log who logged what and that one of us was out of town.

Never been questioned about it, never been laughed at or shunned.

Thanks for the info. I didnt think about it until I logged one today and saw that TB crossed the ocean twice in one day. LOL

This is the only issue I see with your case and it shouldn't happen. I would say that whoever has the TB should be logging it, the other person should not.

This is what I was going to say. :laughing: