cache deletion

chops133

i have on several occassions attempted to place a cach near my home, keep being told there are caches nearby that dont show up when i do a nearby search!! I decided to go further away!! Problem is i want to delete the old cache but cant find how!!! does someone have the answer?

This Knowledge Book article might be of some help to you:

4.8. Checking for Cache Saturation

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=199

i have on several occassions attempted to place a cach near my home, keep being told there are caches nearby that dont show up when i do a nearby search!!

There may be other people's unpublished caches, stages of multicaches, or actual locations of puzzle caches. You can't do much about the first (though Reviewers will push those people to hurry up and get theirs published or archive them when someone like yourself has to be denied). If you see any multis or mysterys/puzzles within a couple miles of your home it might be good to do those and record the coords for your records.

As has been noted, since your cache is not published yet just edit the cache page to reflect the new location you're trying for.

Problem is i want to delete the old cache but cant find how!!! does someone have the answer?

If you don't want to use the old cache any more and really want to get rid of it, then create another account and let the other account adopt your cache. Then it will disappear from your real account. But you have to do the adoption before you archive the cache, after archiving you cannot get rid of the cache.

Problem is i want to delete the old cache but cant find how!!! does someone have the answer?

If you don't want to use the old cache any more and really want to get rid of it, then create another account and let the other account adopt your cache. Then it will disappear from your real account. But you have to do the adoption before you archive the cache, after archiving you cannot get rid of the cache.

I don't believe you can adopt an unpublished listing.

One other drama i have is that i have resubmitted another cache with the same name!! The original cache had a trackable in it but i cant find how to remove that trackable from the original cache and place it in the cache awaiting publication!! i know im a noob! but man this is frustrating lol!!

One other drama i have is that i have resubmitted another cache with the same name!! The original cache had a trackable in it but i cant find how to remove that trackable from the original cache and place it in the cache awaiting publication!! i know im a noob! but man this is frustrating lol!!

Names don't matter. You can make them anything you like. For the trackable, you grab it out of one and drop it into the other. done.

i have on several occassions attempted to place a cach near my home, keep being told there are caches nearby that dont show up when i do a nearby search!!

There may be other people's unpublished caches, stages of multicaches, or actual locations of puzzle caches. You can't do much about the first (though Reviewers will push those people to hurry up and get theirs published or archive them when someone like yourself has to be denied). If you see any multis or mysterys/puzzles within a couple miles of your home it might be good to do those and record the coords for your records.

As has been noted, since your cache is not published yet just edit the cache page to reflect the new location you're trying for.

This intrigues me. My impression was that the reviewers don't deny caches based on the presence of another cache with unpublished coordinates (stage of a multi or unknown cache). Is there anyone who can illuminate this issue further?

opjim, you are misinformed. Please see the Knowledge Book page linked earlier in the thread, and also the Cache Saturation guideline page, found here: Listing Guidelines. Physical stages of multicaches and puzzles count for saturation test purposes, whether published or unpublished.

For clarification, KS, the guidelines only apply to physical redirectors or containers, correct? Am I correct in understanding that virtual redirectors are not subject to saturation guidelines?

Physical stages of multicaches and puzzles count for saturation test purposes, whether published or unpublished.

For clarification, KS, the guidelines only apply to physical redirectors or containers, correct? Am I correct in understanding that virtual redirectors are not subject to saturation guidelines?

See bolding.

IF a stage of your multi is a historical plaque,

AND a cacher doing your multi only needs to get some numbers off that plaque to go to the next stage,

AND both the previous and next stages are more than 528 feet away (IF they are physical containers placed by you),

THEN I can put my traditional cache right at the plaque.

opjim, you are misinformed. Please see the Knowledge Book page linked earlier in the thread, and also the Cache Saturation guideline page, found here: Listing Guidelines. Physical stages of multicaches and puzzles count for saturation test purposes, whether published or unpublished.

Curious.

The reason I thought otherwise is from experience. There was a cache placed on a hilltop nearby, which I found. It was then archived. A year later I placed a multicache with the final on the same hillside, but about 300 feet away. Six months later (or 18 months after the cache was archived) it was unarchived, moved 20 feet, with a different sized container AND a different name. When I went to seek it, I found that is was clearly less than 528 feet from my multicache final. Given that a reviewer allowed a new cache (albeit listed as unarchived) to be placed so close to my final stage, I assumed that the proximity rule didn't apply to multicaches.

FYI, I removed my final stage and moved it. I was irritated that a stolen and archived cache could be restored months after I placed a cache there. :mad:

Curious.

The reason I thought otherwise is from experience. There was a cache placed on a hilltop nearby, which I found. It was then archived. A year later I placed a multicache with the final on the same hillside, but about 300 feet away. Six months later (or 18 months after the cache was archived) it was unarchived, moved 20 feet, with a different sized container AND a different name. When I went to seek it, I found that is was clearly less than 528 feet from my multicache final. Given that a reviewer allowed a new cache (albeit listed as unarchived) to be placed so close to my final stage, I assumed that the proximity rule didn't apply to multicaches.

FYI, I removed my final stage and moved it. I was irritated that a stolen and archived cache could be restored months after I placed a cache there. :mad:

It could have been unarchived in error. When caches are unarchived they need to comply with the guidelines and an existing cache within .1 mile would prevent it's unarchiving.

Given that a reviewer allowed a new cache (albeit listed as unarchived) to be placed so close to my final stage, I assumed that the proximity rule didn't apply to multicaches.

I just browsed through your multis, and I couldn't figure out which one it is, so I'll ask. Did you make sure your final coordinates were listed as a hidden waypoint? If not, the reviewers would have no way to know where your final was. There are a lot of old caches around here where this is the case, so we end up with caches being as close as tens of meters apart.

BTW, nice area you have there! Those look some great multis.

Given that a reviewer allowed a new cache (albeit listed as unarchived) to be placed so close to my final stage, I assumed that the proximity rule didn't apply to multicaches.

I just browsed through your multis, and I couldn't figure out which one it is, so I'll ask. Did you make sure your final coordinates were listed as a hidden waypoint? If not, the reviewers would have no way to know where your final was. There are a lot of old caches around here where this is the case, so we end up with caches being as close as tens of meters apart.

BTW, nice area you have there! Those look some great multis.

I did list all the waypoints, I don't know why the reviewer approved this other one being reinstated, but decided that to raise a fuss would alienate the other cache owner. Being in a small town it is better to get along than to get my way.

Physical stages of multicaches and puzzles count for saturation test purposes, whether published or unpublished.

See bolding.

IF a stage of your multi is a historical plaque,

AND a cacher doing your multi only needs to get some numbers off that plaque to go to the next stage,

AND both the previous and next stages are more than 528 feet away (IF they are physical containers placed by you),

THEN I can put my traditional cache right at the plaque.

Besides containers, anything a cacher placed (redirectors)such as tags, UV written information etc are considered physical. Signs, plaques and other objects that were not placed there by the cacher to redirect to the cache or next stage is a virtual stage.