How to Calculate distance between 2 sets of GPS coordinates

MMmm!!

I know how to use google but I just can't quite find any website that will calculate the distance between coordinates.

Set 1

N 44 56.339

W 122 59.106

Set 2

N 44° 56.268 W 122° 59.182

I know it is probably 600 or so feet apart but all the online calculators I found say different distances.

Thanks.

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/calculators does a good job at this and tells me it's 542 ft.

Thanks for the link but I am having trouble getting it to work.

Calculate the great circle distance between two points does not want to give me a reading.

Calculate the distance between two addresses gets confused when you input GPS coordinates.

Nothing else makes sense and I see that you were able to calculate a distance in ft. What am I missing?

Thanks

If your trying to determine distances from an existing cache to one you want to place the tool exists here on GC.com. Go to the hide & seek page, enter the coordinates of the proposed cache in the latitude Longitude search and click search. You will get a list of the closest caches to your proposed cache with the distances. Of course this does not show mystery or multi stages. And for the regular members, this works also.

http://www.gpsvisual...com/calculators does a good job at this and tells me it's 542 ft.

Thanks for the link but I am having trouble getting it to work.

Calculate the great circle distance between two points does not want to give me a reading.

Calculate the distance between two addresses gets confused when you input GPS coordinates.

Nothing else makes sense and I see that you were able to calculate a distance in ft. What am I missing?

My guess is that you're missing the conversion step. See screenshots below.

screenshot100511201209.png

screenshot100511201230.png

screenshot100511201307.png