GeoCaching Bucket List

SirDonB

I have thought about starting a GeoCaching Bucket List of sorts. You know those memerable caches either for the container or the location/ view. What is the most spectacular cahce you found that would be a must find? List is not restrained by location or number...

What are some of the caches you have found or heard about that are a must find in this life time?

For me one of those caches on that list, for historical reasons, would have to be the origional cache that started it all.

GCE02C, "View Carre" in New Orleans is "the" must-do cache in my region...over 400 Favorite points so far. It's on the 35th floor of an office building and the cache container is the size of a coffee table. Plus you get to go on the roof and get a spectacular view of the French Quarter and the Mississippi River. Totally awesome cache!

Whaaaaa! I just want to get a SINGLE first, FTF!

Everybody nowadays (except me, it seems) has smart phone apps that notify them when

a new cache is posted.

SO we end up with FTF "hogs" who capture them all. No chance is left for little kids

or grumpy old men.

I guess I'll have to eventually enter the 21st Century and get a costly

phone !

My new favorite shorthand: SLSOLW (Signed log, shuffled off, licked wounds).

My personal bucket list consists of Mingo and The Spot, simply because of their age. Next I want to find a cache in each of the 13 states that I have not found one in yet. Followed by a cache in South Africa or Tanzania when I go on photo safari and some caches in New Zealand when I vacation there someday.

As far as suggestions for the OP's or any other cachers list, I would agree with View Carre, and am shocked that any PNW list omits Ebey Bluffs. I'd also add Beverly-the third oldest cache.

I mentioned this thread to my wife last night, and she reminded me that the Roman Forum cache belongs on a bucket list of recommended hides. Since it is archived, I'll suggest the nearby Ave Caesar instead as an amazing location for an urban micro and add it to my personal list for the next time I am in Rome.

Edited by wimseyguy

Among my uncompleted list (ranging from the fanciful to the possible)

•  
  • Rainbow Hydrothermal Vents would be near top but I expect to hit the bucket without doing it.
  • Erta Ale Volcano probably ranks up there as well.
  • GCNP Petroglyphs since I love petroglyphs and the bottom of the Grand Canyon seems to be a good place to see them.
  • Half Dome Rescue Point - my daughter did the hike up there a couple of years ago and has been after me ever since to do it. It is on my list for next year.

Of those that I have been able to check off my bucket list:

But, really, it is not so much the iconic destinations that make caching special. Phrased another way, an old Ghost Town, the Pioneer Saloon, Tufa Towers, or even a gas station might not have been on my bucket list, but I am glad I chanced upon them, and I would have wanted to see them all before I die. So perhaps it is the unexpected gems that make up a truer list for this game.

I have a few that I may or may never get to.

4.5lb Walleye - Hidden over 10 years ago and no one has found it. It is currently the oldest unfound cache on the planet. I would pretty much need to win the lottery to even think about financing a trip up to attempt this one.

Glacier View - Hidden 7 years ago and only 2 finds. I will find this one next time I go up to Glacier NP.

PUC - Hot Glowing Tribulations - This one is insane but who knows?

Whaaaaa! I just want to get a SINGLE first, FTF!

Everybody nowadays (except me, it seems) has smart phone apps that notify them when

a new cache is posted.

SO we end up with FTF "hogs" who capture them all. No chance is left for little kids

or grumpy old men.

I guess I'll have to eventually enter the 21st Century and get a costly

phone !

My new favorite shorthand: SLSOLW (Signed log, shuffled off, licked wounds).

Those that have the energy and desire to rush out in the dead of night in their PJs for FTF deserve the honours. Someone I know did lots...at the instigation in part, of her teenage daughter. Good for them, and what a great way for Mom and daughter to spend time. We have a few, some were far out of the city, and we just happened to be going by 3 or more days after publication and got the FTF. The others we were just lucky - live close by, etc. And we don't have no stinkin' smartphones either! Apparently, my dumbphone is a "feature phone" so maybe it could work?

If we're lucky enough for a FTF, great. I am not that bothered. It'll be there another day...