I think I scared off the local geocachers...lol

wildchld97

Blue Tower Cliffs Cache

Wow. This is the first time that one of my caches was not found within an hour of publishing. It was published on the 16th of August and as of today...the poor thing is still sitting there. Maybe it was some of the warnings that I included in the cache description?

I'd be all over that, if I lived in Pennsylvania.

BTW, what's that round thing 150 feet to the south-east? Water tower?

Blue Tower Cliffs Cache

Wow. This is the first time that one of my caches was not found within an hour of publishing. It was published on the 16th of August and as of today...the poor thing is still sitting there. Maybe it was some of the warnings that I included in the cache description?

Yep. A very old water tower. We used to throw rocks at it when we were kids to hear the cool "ping" sound that it made. lol

I'd put my money on the fact that it has a four-star terrain rating. None of your others were that high, so maybe the local FTFers were a bit less... timid? :smile:

In the area that I live in, there is not much opportunity for anything with a four star rating. I don't know why I didn't think of placing one here sooner. lol.

Blue Tower Cliffs Cache

Geocaching.com is down right now... Do you remember if it was anywhere near Philadelphia? (Within 150 miles?) I doubt you'd be all over it if you lived 400 miles away (PA is a big state). I'll sure be all over it if its within 150 miles though.

I love adventure caches, but with a warning that this cache could turn into a 6 terrain, I'd be intimidated to go after this one!

Awesome cache and location!!!!!

LOL. No need to be intimidated. The "bumping it to a 6 star" was a bit of an exaggeration on my part. Even so, it would still bump it to a solid 5 if they chose the wrong way to hunt for it. In any case, there are a lot of areas that could seriously harm a person if they're not careful and I wanted to make sure people were prepared for something more strenuous and precarious than they might be used to. :)

Cool Im excited this is near my house. I live in Center (Beaver County!)Now I just need a babysitter lol

Looks like you just moved here recently. Welcome to the area! :D

We're having an event on Nov.11. If you can, come on out to Beaver and meet some of the local cachers. (You might even get a few numbers to help you babysit. lol)

We plan to attend. I can't wait to meet some of the other local cachers. I need some hippie friends lol. I just spoke with my huband who inspect water towers and he knew right where I was talking about. I might wait a few more weeks for the leaves to fall. Ive had poison ivy twice since moving here and really don't want it again. (see your last log in)Anyhoo if your ever looking for someone to cache with or drink rum feel free to email me. ~Presence~

We plan to attend. I can't wait to meet some of the other local cachers. I need some hippie friends lol. I just spoke with my huband who inspect water towers and he knew right where I was talking about. I might wait a few more weeks for the leaves to fall. Ive had poison ivy twice since moving here and really don't want it again. (see your last log in)Anyhoo if your ever looking for someone to cache with or drink rum feel free to email me. ~Presence~

Did someone say...RUM! :D

I love caching, and I adore my rum...but I try not to mix them. :lol:

We'll definitely have to get together!