Elusive Caches

I've had a bunch of them. Now I have a travel bug devoted it to (my Eleanor bug).

Anyhow I have a few:

This one was well well beyond our skill level when we started it. We had NO clue what we were looking for at stage one. We actually touched it a few times but the rest of the time we spent it doing things like laying on the path staring into the trees.

This one just made us look stupid where many people could see it.

This one. I did the caches in this area in batches. Multiple trips were made and it took a solid clue from the owner before we found it.

This onehad me spending hours out here. Bummed that the history of the area isn't on the cache page as it adds to this particular cache in general to know what happened. Many many trips out here.

This one I haven't found yet but have a clue and intend to use it some afternoon. Many hours in this ditch.

Lastly this one. I logged my DNFs on this one. Basically what it came down to was just something going wrong each time we attempted. First time confusion about which particular light poles were being noted. Then we get going well on it only to find a false fire tack trail at one step. Not funny. Then I had thrown away the coordinates risking having to start all over but I was luckily able to pin point where we were on a secondary trail in the area using google earth. We get to where we needed to go (instead of following that trail) only to find that step partially illegible. But we had a couple units with us so we put in our different ideas on what the coordinates were in the different units and took a picture of the coordinates to consult. We found between where the coordinates said to be.

So what is the one cache that continues to elude you despite your best efforts? Mine is GC1BHRD, the "nose bleed section" hint has not been much of a help.

I'd stay away from that one. There are a couple of plagues on that home.

I lost my first born son to that cache.

The bane of my existence is GCZ19X. I have tried every trick I can think of and even scoured the web for cracking tips and still no go. I even mailed the hider for hints and was told 2 things.

A) All I need is a pencil and paper to solve it.

B) the cipher is not found online.

Never been found in almost 5 years. This thing literally keeps me up at night. This particular hider is very sneaky and has some very nice hides in the area. I have tried every cracking program and website I can find, using every cipher available. I have never even made a dent.

We looked for the 2nd stage of GCG9PQ at least 4 times. It didn't exactly help that the cache was missing though. :P Once it was replaced, we got it.

For the longest time, GC19W9E stumped us. We looked for it first in May '10 after it hadn't been found for around 8 months, and couldn't find it. Then we went back after it was found a couple of times this June. Still nothing. Finally got it after we emailed for a hint. It was a really tough cache that we were looking in completely the wrong area for.