Curiosity..GK vs TB

yawppy

I have searched the forums, for a "Geokrety"...found a few posts.. how ever none were in English, (Well one was but did not touch on my topic much)

Seems these trackables are popular in Europe, seen a polish, german, post.

So my question is this...

I figure it's free...free is good....so why has it not caught on here in North America in general?

I just sort of stumbled across one, and was like WOW! I have a bucket of what I call "TB Wanna B's", have like 30 of them, figured if I had a few extra $'s I would get em' tagged and on their way, well been nearly a three year collection, and the $'s well they go into the tank and other people's pockets, IE BILLS.

So I came across this g-krety, have logged a great deal of em, they have a tracking number, and in my eye's are now ready to be a trackable.

My poll is this:

Have you heard of the krety? Would you (Here in North America) if you found one, would you move it, log it much like a TB, discover it etc?

I am putting them out, got 7 ducks on a race, and the other 20ish well they go where ever, just wanted to get a perspective on how these will be considered by the general community... I usually will log anything that is labeled as a trackable.

K..

"AmphibianTrackers

Posted Today, 08:42 PM

Sounds fun to me, I love trackables. But, could you please define "Geokrety"?"

<unauthorized advertisement removed by forum moderator

Seems cost effective to me...again my concern is... will the American community embrace it as they do with the TB.

Edited by Eartha
Not trackable on geocaching.com link and advertisement removed

No I've never previously heard of them. But yes I'd be happy to move any item along if that's it mission.. and obviously log it, discover it etc..

Sounds interesting..

I have searched the forums, for a "Geokrety"...found a few posts.. how ever none were in English, (Well one was but did not touch on my topic much)

Seems these trackables are popular in Europe, seen a polish, german, post.

So my question is this...

I figure it's free...free is good....so why has it not caught on here in North America in general?

I just sort of stumbled across one, and was like WOW! I have a bucket of what I call "TB Wanna B's", have like 30 of them, figured if I had a few extra $'s I would get em' tagged and on their way, well been nearly a three year collection, and the $'s well they go into the tank and other people's pockets, IE BILLS.

So I came across this g-krety, have logged a great deal of em, they have a tracking number, and in my eye's are now ready to be a trackable.

My poll is this:

Have you heard of the krety? Would you (Here in North America) if you found one, would you move it, log it much like a TB, discover it etc?

I am putting them out, got 7 ducks on a race, and the other 20ish well they go where ever, just wanted to get a perspective on how these will be considered by the general community... I usually will log anything that is labeled as a trackable.

K..

I figure it's free...free is good....so why has it not caught on here in North America

In the game of Geocaching, Trackables have either "track at Geocaching.com" or "track at Groundspeak.com" on them, and a tracking number which allows tracking and logging within the game. An item without that is allowed to be traded and collected (pathtags, for example). And people don't like to sign up on a foreign web site for a separate game. I think it also adds to the confusion of what's a Geocoin and Travel Bug and what's not.

If it were clearly tagged "please move this item to another cache", I would. But people may also trade and keep it.

I have a bunch of items I'd like to make "free" trackables. I had a numbering system, made some of them, and the free site had stopped accepting new items. So I released a few, numbered but not tracked. I'd consider using Georetky for the others, but they're mainly serialized swag (I'd expect them to be kept by people at some point, and would hope they might want to).

It would be kind of a mess, but it's free. :-)

I just took a look at their page, and seems like a great service. I would definatey log one if I came across it. I have my own trackable wooden nickles that I track myself (MyWebSite), but would think that this would be a great way to go for something like that. I have had quite a few of my wooden nickles logged (all I ask is they email me with the number and GC code..), so I think most people would log these as well..

-TWT

I have very little interest in logging non-gc.com travelers on other sites. Nothing against them, just not interested.

Also, this forum is to discuss gc.com travel bugs not travelers provided by other sites.

A purist at heart.. all is well, but a Geokrety..or Travel bug.....Seems like a close match.. minus one is "Made in the U.S.A" for a price, while the other is not U.S.A Grown, and well is free.

Since we are comparing GS'S travelbugs, vs a "Geokrety" which are both a TRACKABLE, seems to fit in to the whole topic. Also has been brought up in the forums prior.

I just took a look at their page, and seems like a great service. I would definatey log one if I came across it. I have my own trackable wooden nickles that I track myself (MyWebSite), but would think that this would be a great way to go for something like that. I have had quite a few of my wooden nickles logged (all I ask is they email me with the number and GC code..), so I think most people would log these as well..

-TWT

Kool idea, I had contemplated that at one time, looks like it works out great!

I figure it's free...free is good....so why has it not caught on here in North America

In the game of Geocaching, Trackables have either "track at Geocaching.com" or "track at Groundspeak.com" on them, and a tracking number which allows tracking and logging within the game. An item without that is allowed to be traded and collected (pathtags, for example). And people don't like to sign up on a foreign web site for a separate game. I think it also adds to the confusion of what's a Geocoin and Travel Bug and what's not.

If it were clearly tagged "please move this item to another cache", I would. But people may also trade and keep it.

I have a bunch of items I'd like to make "free" trackables. I had a numbering system, made some of them, and the free site had stopped accepting new items. So I released a few, numbered but not tracked. I'd consider using Georetky for the others, but they're mainly serialized swag (I'd expect them to be kept by people at some point, and would hope they might want to).

It would be kind of a mess, but it's free. :-)

I have never understood how folks are "Confused" in regards to a trackable, but as with any trackable... sure they go missing. I just finished setting up my 7 ducky racers, going to start them off this week, so will post more when some results come in.

Sounds like a 50/50 shot..they have trackable @ geokrety, and have an identifier card, so fingers crossed!

We found a pathtag in a cache just yesterday and when I found out I had to log it through a seperate site that required registration, I didn't bother. Not that I haven't signed up for my fair share of things in the past - in fact, maybe because of that - but I just didn't want any more spam. I like having everything connected on one site, not to mention how convenient it is to keep track of your trackables as you log their journeys.

Still, I rather like the idea of free too... Hmm.