"*Reviewer Name* has published...."

Hey all

I was wondering what the reviewers were like in your little corner of the country when it comes to publishing times etc, and also what the local population of geocachers are like when a new cache goes live?

Down in Devon the reviewers tend to operate in the early evening with (sometimes) a stream of published emails being received up until about 10pm, there is usually 1 or 2 that will go out and get the cache but not straight away, maybe withing a hour or 2 of it going live

This week I have been working lates at work which means I leave at about 8-9pm, and its been a little dry on the new-cache front to my disappointment, as I was hoping to catch some on my 10 mile journey back home.

The annoying one was last night when I went to get a new one (from the night before), grabbed it, went home, then got another email saying one about 200m from it had been publishing :angry:

Cya around :anitongue:

I work during the day so it's unusual if I review then, but sometimes do the odd cache or three. Most of my reviewing is during the evening so the FTF hounds in my area (Southern England) probably have to be ready to drop everything as darkness falls :D

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

I work during the day so it's unusual if I review then, but sometimes do the odd cache or three. Most of my reviewing is during the evening so the FTF hounds in my area (Southern England) probably have to be ready to drop everything as darkness falls :D

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

That's pretty much what I do as well. I will spend a lot more time reviewing on a friday evening to get the queue clear for the weekend as well so you may get stuff from me up to about 10/11 ish

I'm an erratic reviewer with no set pattern to when I sit and review. Sometimes it can be before I start work, mid morning, lunch time, afternoon or evening. Somedays I don't review at all due to work/home life.

Keeps the cachers on their toes for the FTF's!!

I tend to review early morning 6am - 8am and do some in the evening. If I have time I look at the queue during the day and publish the odd one or two, so in the South East you could get a FTF at any time :D

Andy

The Long Man

Volunteer UK Reviewer - geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources http://www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Guidelines http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books http://support.Groundspeak.com//index.php

At the moment I've been reviewing late in the evening, but that'll change again and 'll be back to reviewing at odd hours. I've been known to Publish at 02:00 before now :laughing: I've even sat in my car using McD's free WIFI (I've probally put in over a thousand hours using it ) and did so one Christmas Eve, right up to 21:00 when they shut up, and turned off their WIFI :yikes: oh and I was back on Boxing Day to finish off. :laughing: (dongle at Christmas was no chance of a usable connection) furthest connection has been over 50m away from the building :laughing:

A car, a Lap Top, a inverter and McD's WIFI and several cups of their Lattes, oh and a Belgium Bliss Brownie (but don't tell my O/H :laughing:) and I'm one happy Reviewer if I'm away from home :laughing:. Even better now many McD's are open 24/7 :laughing:

I can only think of possibly 4am when I've not actually published a cache :laughing: see I told you I'm random. I've been dragged to bed at well past 03:00 screaming and kicking because I wanted to get a few more reviewed :yikes::laughing:

Deci

oh and pre Reviewer days, I was known to go out at 02:00 drive 40+miles and search in the pouring rain for a FTF on a Micro :laughing:

You've caught me out a few times, when I get home after a ride or a caching trip only to find I was within 100 yards of a cache that went live as I was in the shower...

Sometimes they are timed well and I can get out and FTF them. My local reviewers seem to cover most times of day between them. Only last night a cache went live just as I was shutting down the PC to go see some friends, so I had to make do with 2TF today.

I believe there is a thread on the feedback feature that is campaigning for the cache setter nominating the timing of the publishing of the cache. (I tried to link to it, but I am unable to do so)

I expect this a system where the setter can tick a box for publishing ASAP, but does allow for setting a time in the future for the cache to be published. For example to coincide with an event or special day, allowing the setting and placing of the cache, and approval agreed in advance. Then at the appointed time it would be automatically be listed.

I know this would not be of much use for those choosing the ASAP option, but could allow some flexibility of cache release.

If you agree follow the feedback link, and use your vote.

I believe there is a thread on the feedback feature that is campaigning for the cache setter nominating the timing of the publishing of the cache. (I tried to link to it, but I am unable to do so)

That system is already in place. All you have to do is write the request in the 'Note to Reviewer' section and we will endeavor to accomodate your request.

Regards

Paul

Geohatter

Volunteer UK Reviewer & Forum Mod - geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources http://www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books http://support.Groundspeak.com//index.php

Happened again last night, grabbed a cache after work, went home then a hour later one pops up near to it lol

Come on Red Duster, some nice publishes around 9pm would be lovely :D

Btw, does the area of the reviewer change, or the reviewer change area?

I've been covering the South West for Lindinis whilst he is on his holidays. As I'm looking after two queues, I've been reviewing from 16:00 - 23:00 ish most days :unsure: . I'm off to the mega tomorrow, so the queue will, well, queue for a few days :ph34r:

Andy

Edited by Red Duster

I'm an erratic reviewer with no set pattern to when I sit and review. Sometimes it can be before I start work, mid morning, lunch time, afternoon or evening. Somedays I don't review at all due to work/home life.

Keeps the cachers on their toes for the FTF's!!

I was going to post about you, actually, and your unpredictable timing :D Got a 19minute FTF from one you published a couple of days ago. The erratic nature makes it far more interesting and challenging to snag them.