Using an 'archived' as part of a puzzle

Is it allowable to use an archived cache page to post a note for a clue to a puzzle cache? I'm setting up a puzzle cache near here and needed to put one of the stages on a web page but just got to thinking that why not use our only archived cache and put the hint there? It would save me setting up an external page and keeps the focus on GC.com

The clue in the cache would just be the GC number of the archived.

Any thoughts / problems with this?

I've seen it done here.

A cacher placed traditional cache called, let's just say "Cache." It eventually disappeared and was archived.

Later he placed a cache in the same spot, called it "Cache 2." Listed it as a puzzle, and the coordinates were for a parking area. To find it, one had to look at his list of owned caches and get the coordinates from the archived cache.

It gave me fits. If the CO hadn't given me a hint, I'd probably never have figured it out. It was a nice cache, though.

as long as you make it reasonable to find said archived cache. You cant do a traditional search for an archived cache so as long as you expect users to find it who would not have known about it before it was archived, it should be fine.

We have a few puzzles in the Seattle area which used archived caches and they work fine.

as long as you make it reasonable to find said archived cache. You cant do a traditional search for an archived cache so as long as you expect users to find it who would not have known about it before it was archived, it should be fine.

We have a few puzzles in the Seattle area which used archived caches and they work fine.

I did a puzzle once that used a TB page to reveal a clue for the puzzle. The trackable item was owned by a certain Geocacher user name. That user was actually a "pseudo user" set up just for the puzzle, and part of the puzzle involved revealing that user name.

I did a puzzle once that used a TB page to reveal a clue for the puzzle. The trackable item was owned by a certain Geocacher user name. That user was actually a "pseudo user" set up just for the puzzle, and part of the puzzle involved revealing that user name.

Ive done something similar. Infact, the CO of that cache is the person you quoted.

A cacher placed traditional cache called, let's just say "Cache." It eventually disappeared and was archived.

Later he placed a cache in the same spot, called it "Cache 2." Listed it as a puzzle, and the coordinates were for a parking area. To find it, one had to look at his list of owned caches and get the coordinates from the archived cache.

There's a cache like this at UCF in Orlando, FL.