AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!! How come I can stay logged in?

maleki

How come I CANNOT STAY LOGGED IN to Geocaching.com when sitting at the computer using Geocaching.com???

This has gone on for weeks if not months. This morning I was inputting a long list of caches from a recent trip. Never got up from the computer, yet every once and awhile it requested I login again. Top of screen still said I was logged in.

This evening, I logged in. Made one forum post. Then composed a rather long email to another cacher. I hit send and system tells me to login. I do and OF COURSE THE LONG MESSAGE IS NOW GONE!!! AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

maleki

I hear you Marty. It is a pain in the A$$. I'm thinking that their is a timeout in place now. After a certain amount of time(whatever it is) you have to log in again.

Jeremy, is this a bug or is this the way it's going to be from now on?

GF

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

logo_small.jpg

I was having login problems for a very, very long time. A week or so ago, they finally stopped, and I'm staying logged in from multiple machines with no problem. I was hoping that "how come I can stay logged in" was going to be a thread where we all got to say how glad we were that everything was fixed... but it sounds like some problems are still persisting. :/

I too have had a problem with staying logged in......kinda. It tells me that I'm logged in, but when I go to my cache page, it takes me to a goofy screen. Oh well.

<i>"Yes I know I was speeding officer, but you have to understand, I HAVE A CHANCE TO BE THE FTF !!"</i>

texasgeocaching_sm.gifrectangle_logo_cut_out_from_white_sm.jpg

I used to have many problems with staying logged in, but now I have no problems with that. I do lose text every third or fourth time I try to log a find. There seems to be a bug, but, like others, I just make sure to copy any text I type into a "message" box before I hit Post. I also have to jiggle the handle on my toilet to get it to stop running. icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by MtnLion:

I used to have many problems with staying logged in, but now I have no problems with that. I do lose text every third or fourth time I try to log a find. There seems to be a bug, but, like others, I just make sure to copy any text I type into a "message" box before I hit Post. I also have to jiggle the handle on my toilet to get it to stop running. icon_wink.gif

ROFLMAO......Jiggling the handle on the toilet is a heck of a comparision. Put a smile on my face.

texasgeocaching_sm.gifrectangle_logo_cut_out_from_white_sm.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by MtnLion:

Maybe we should all just stop submitting logs until they fix this problem. Anyway, I've stopped submitting logs as of yesterday because I don't have a control key.

I just make sure I copy my post before submitting it. After this happening to me a number of times, it is easier to just paste your post rather than sit and type it out all over again. Its just an added piece of insurance when you are a long winded logger such as myself icon_rolleyes.gif

Kar