Toxic plant!

yobtaf

Ok here in So. California in the recently opened burn area we have what is called the poodle bush. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turricula_(plant) It is everywhere. And it is in the way of a few caches. I didnt know what it was and so here I am to say STAY AWAY FROM IT!!!!!! It is alot like poison oak. You get a rash, swell up, itch, and are just miserable. I had some left on my boots and put them on a few days later and got it around my eyes. STAY AWAY!!!!!! It is on my legs, arms, stomach, and now my face!

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_9229.jpg

Also, watch out for Giant Hogweed if it is in your area.This tells you about it and these images show how big it can get.

Note that regular hogweed can look remarkably similar, especially the flowers, but is totally harmless, much more common than giant hogweed and can also grow quite large in some areas. I keep seeing people freaking out and saying that some area is infested with giant hogweed, but then there's nothing there, just regular harmless hogweed.