GSAK and archived caches

How do I?

I have a regular pocket query that i run, but if a cache is archived the PQ just ignores it and leaves it showing as whatever state it last was, eg unavailable or worse still active. I know I can manually alter it in gsak to show as archived, but is there any way of gettign the pocket query to do it.

On a standard PQ, no.

Easiest way is to filter by date, (GPX date) and the oldest caches need to be checked, to see they are still active.

There is a macro to automate things a little, but I run 'Odd' PQ's (Puzzles out of my own area, that I've solved, 'interesting' cachaes I'd like to look for etc) that may be older than my regular weekly PQ's.

It is possible to set up GSAK so pressing F12 key will interrogate Groundspeak's servers to check on the cache... Bit slow if you have several caches to check!

GSAK forum is the best place for answers. http://gsak.net/board/

(Or a search over there might even reveal the answers!)

Edited by Bear and Ragged

How do I?

I have a regular pocket query that i run, but if a cache is archived the PQ just ignores it and leaves it showing as whatever state it last was, eg unavailable or worse still active. I know I can manually alter it in gsak to show as archived, but is there any way of gettign the pocket query to do it.

Do you have your PQ set to ignore archived caches? If so you've probably imported the cache when it was active then as it was archived it has been omitted from your PQ so importing the new PQ to GSAK does not overwrite the archived cache with the new (has been archived) information. Does that make sense? If that is the case you need to either a) Delete all caches from GSAK before you import the new PQ or b)include archived logs in your PQ

I had a very similar problem with found caches, wondering why GSAK wasn't showing them when I'd set my PQ to ignore found caches, doh :rolleyes:

Do you have your PQ set to ignore archived caches? :rolleyes:

PQ's always ignore archived caches. It's not a setting you can tick or untick they always do it. The only exception is the 'My Finds' PQ which will include archived caches which you have found.

The easiest and quickest way to filter is, as Bear and Ragged said, is to sort by last GPX date and thase that havent been updated for a week or so are the ones that are archived.

Edited by Just Roger

Do you have your PQ set to ignore archived caches? ... b)include archived logs in your PQ

PQs won't include archived caches, and it's not something you can enable; the exception being the "My Finds" PQ which inculdes them whether you want it to or not.

You can filter for enabled or disabled caches but that pertains to temporarily disabled caches and not archived caches.

There's a suggestion here to permit PQs of archived caches which is under consideration so if you think it would be usefull get along there and vote for it.

Edited by MartyBartfast