GUTTED!

MrsB's Official Geocaching Angst Chart.

0 Indifferent

1 Oh... really?

2 What a pity

3 Sorry

4 Sorry and disappointed

5 Rather upset (but not off my food)

6 Very upset (and eating extra chocolate)

7 Distraught (with random tears)

8 Gutted

9 In despair

10 Going to throw myself off the nearest high point (as long as there's a nice view and an ammo box nearby to find first)

Put me down for a Level 3 on this one.

It's fairly unlikely that we would have gone to search for it but if we really need the icon we'll just have to make the effort to go to Sao Paulo.

I have an extra level of sympathy for those who may have planned their holidays already with a view to logging this historic cache. If I was one of them I think I'd be at Level 5 now.

MrsB

I'm very sad to see it go, although I'm now considering starting up a guiding company in Brazil.

Luckily for me, I've already found the Seattle APE cache. I can certainly understand the wringing of hands from those who were planning to visit. It's a great experience. Although "bear" in mind that Iron Horse is still available (another historic cache which also requires a trip through the tunnel) so it might still be worth the visit. Bears allowing, you could still visit the APE cache site as well!

I notice that SteamTraen was one of the last visitors. Perhaps he put the cache in his rucksack without noticing? Could be worth checking.

Your holiday is ruined because you cant get an icon? :unsure::blink:

I personally had nothing planned but I was thinking about maybe in the next year or two.

It's more than an icon, it's a pilgrimage!

Having said that, the introduction of Groundspeak's one-off 10 year HQ event icon devalued things somewhat as there are now two cache types we can never log.

(locless and 10HQ)

Your holiday is ruined because you cant get an icon? :unsure::blink:

I personally had nothing planned but I was thinking about maybe in the next year or two.

It's more than an icon, it's a pilgrimage!

Having said that, the introduction of Groundspeak's one-off 10 year HQ event icon devalued things somewhat as there are now two cache types we can never log.

(locless and 10HQ)

We have those as well. Got the pen that I signed the log at the 10 year event if you're interested........

You never know... Another APE movie on its way... Do the producers of it know how legendary they were/are... Maybe PA2 is coming?????

Jeremy did mention on Facebook/twitter back on 14th April:

I want to contact @20thCenturyFOX about the Project APE caches. Rise of the Planet of the Apes is coming

I'm guessing he was only joking but you never know.... :)

Mark

You never know... Another APE movie on its way... Do the producers of it know how legendary they were/are... Maybe PA2 is coming?????

Jeremy did mention on Facebook/twitter back on 14th April:

I want to contact @20thCenturyFOX about the Project APE caches. Rise of the Planet of the Apes is coming

I'm guessing he was only joking but you never know.... :)

Mark

while I was gutted not to get a crack at the uk one, despite not being a fan of the original films, I wouldn't go to the states for one. Brazil, maybe... Football and Rio beach would probably keep me from caching though!

So I'm hoping that they do another series... With the uk one in the extreme north of the east midlands! Maybe I ask too much?!

I notice that SteamTraen was one of the last visitors. Perhaps he put the cache in his rucksack without noticing? Could be worth checking.

That was quite the adventure...

After we spotted the bear, I suspect that if I hadn't been on my first visit to the cache, we might have bottled out; but we decided to keep going, while looking round nervously. We abandoned our plan to eat lunch at the cache, and walked briskly back to the car. At some point Bryan picked up a rusty metal spike about 5-6 inches long, which I think he meant to use to defend himself against the bear, but as I pointed out, he'd probably have done better to hit me with it and then leg it. [:D]