First Day Geocaching

Neo541

Today my six year old son and I went searching with my Droid. Found 4 out of 4 (although I had to go back to one place twice).

Great fun for me, although he did get a little bored with the micros.

Just figured I'd say hi!

Welcome to the game, the sport, the OBSESSION!!!!!! that is geocaching.

Sounds like you both had fun on your first day. For me the time spent with my son when we manage to go has become the most important reason to go.

My 11 year old son does not have much patience for micros or even smalls, so I filter my search for only large size caches now. He enjoys caching a lot more since I made that change.

Thanks for saying hello.

From a fellow cacher.

Tom

Did my first day of it today also. My wife and I, to our delight, found that the park (a former golf course) where we walk our dog had at least 4 caches on it. We found the first 2 (including a micro I had to rummage inside a tree hollow for!) and failed on the third (we will try again!).

Only bad thing is using the iPhone is great except the battery life. The GPS really sucks the battery dry!

You may consider me a new addict to this obsession :)

I just downloaded this to my iPhone as well. Loving it !!! (It helps if you "close" the geo app when you're done so it doesn't suck your battery so dry ..)

We went out for the first time yesterday. We found 3 out of 3. Is there a place online where we log our finds? We did write our names down in the notebooks in each geocache.

I just downloaded this to my iPhone as well. Loving it !!! (It helps if you "close" the geo app when you're done so it doesn't suck your battery so dry ..)

We went out for the first time yesterday. We found 3 out of 3. Is there a place online where we log our finds? We did write our names down in the notebooks in each geocache.

You can log onto this website and find the cache page and click on "log your visit". Also most smart phone apps have the capability to log your find right through the phone.

Welcome! We bumped into a cacher and his 5 year old daughter recently - she was the one who spotted the cammoed micro way up in the tree! If it is the trades he enjoys, seek those mainly for now. Don't forget your ice cream break on the odd caching trip, either! ;) ;)

edit:typo!

Edited by popokiiti