Way for TB owner to log a bug as AWOL?

Us 5 Camp

I would like to ask for an added feature for Bug OWNERS to list a Travel Bug as Missing or AWOL.

This would remove the icon from the cache page if it's currently logged into a cache. It 'could' also send another note to the "in the hands of..." cacher who last logged the bug.

It could then remain in the 'missing' category until found or archived.

I have a few bugs that are missing and don't necessarily like the idea of logging them in my possession (to get them off a cache page), because I DO NOT have them in my possession.

What do you think?

"Never have a philosophy which supports a lack of courage..."

quote:
Originally posted by Cheesehead Dave:

You could always put them http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=29352 until they turn back up...

- - - - -

THANKS! Another way to solve the same problem!

Now, is there also a way to do this if you've lost the tag #? I am not sure if I have all the tag#'s to reclaim the TB.

quote:
Originally posted by Us 5 Camp:

What do you think?

I think it would be nice if there was a better way to move MIA TB icons off a cache page. Right now, someone (hopefully the owner) with serial has to either move it to another cache (either an archived cache, or the TB graveyard etc) which adds miles, or they have to log it into their "hands" and just leave it there.

Im sure about the lost numbers... Maybe Groundspeak has a record icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

ps- sorry about FL1 icon_frown.gif

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

If you email contact@Groundspeak we can move a travel bug to an "unknown location".

It will not show as being in a cache or in a users hands. It will also not change the mileage if the TB resurfaces.

frog.gif hydee frog.gif

quote:
Originally posted by hydee:

If you email contact@Groundspeak we can move a travel bug to an "unknown location".

frog.gif hydee frog.gif

Could you make that option available to the bug's owner?

If the mileage doesn't change if it resurfaces, there should be little chance for abuse and it would remove these requests from your plate.

Thoughts?

And (as I've maintained before), it might be nice to have that option available to the CACHE OWNER that the bug is listed in.

There are many instances of bug owners not being responsive and the bug is no longer in the cache. As a cache owner, I'd love to be able to Zap that bug to an unknown location after I've verified that indeed it is not in my cache and it's been sitting there for 30 days (or some other arbitrary number).

In other words, if the bug owner is not responsive, can't I fix my own cache page?

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

And (as I've maintained before), it might be nice to have that option available to the CACHE OWNER that the bug is listed in.

There are many instances of bug owners not being responsive and the bug is no longer in the cache. As a cache owner, I'd love to be able to Zap that bug to an unknown location after I've verified that indeed it is not in my cache and it's been sitting there for 30 days (or some other arbitrary number).

In other words, if the bug owner is not responsive, can't I fix my own cache page?

http://www.markwell.us

http://www.chicagogeocaching.com

A STRONG SECOND TO MARKWELL!!!

quote:
Originally posted by hydee:

It will not show as being in a cache or in a users hands. It will also not change the mileage if the TB resurfaces.

frog.gif hydee frog.gif

Ill have to remember that for the next time a TB goes missing and the owner doesn't respond.

Hey Hydee,

Do you know if there are any plans to make putting a TB into "nil zone" (or whatever its called) easier to have done?

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg