Since the site update, my phone app doesnt work?

laserguided

When I open the app, it shows no caches at all, then force closes.

Is this a problem for anyone else?

Im new to geocaching and realize some of the "purists" look down on the cell users but I seriously love my newfound hobby and doing it on my phone has made it very simple and easy to get into without being a GPS whiz.

Im new to geocaching and realize some of the "purists" look down on the cell users but I seriously love my newfound hobby and doing it on my phone has made it very simple and easy to get into without being a GPS whiz.

Which App?

If you're talking about c:geo, Yes, it's a known issue that the dev's (hopefully) looking into.

Ok seriously dont want to be banned lol... and I dont mind paying for app's (especially geocaching!!). The only reason I went with c:geo is because the Groundspeak one got poor reviews.

I checked out geobeagle and ..... meh

With the site upgrade, did the Groundspeak app improve???

Ok seriously dont want to be banned lol... and I dont mind paying for app's (especially geocaching!!). The only reason I went with c:geo is because the Groundspeak one got poor reviews.

I don't think so but a friend that uses it a lot says it does everything for him ok.

Starbrand -

Do you use a GPS or a smartphone?

I have two GPS units. Im and avid fisher, hunter, camper, hiker and just enjoy being outdoors.

Ive got a cache run planned for tomorrow and come hail or high water - IM GOING!!

I have 9 different GPS units right now. Its like an addiction......

I don't think so but a friend that uses it a lot says it does everything for him ok.

i just tried to purchase the app and that force closes as well :(

Ok, got the Groundspeak app and deleted the c:geo app

First off.. c:geo was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better. Maybe Groundspeak can hire the c:geo developer? Or at least purchase rights to the app?

C: geo depends on the website for info. Whenever geocaching.com is down, so is c:geo.

Maybe c:geo isn't accustomed to the update yet?

I see that c:geo depends on donations, I think that what it said.

C: geo depends on the website for info. Whenever geocaching.com is down, so is c:geo.

Maybe c:geo isn't accustomed to the update yet?

I see that c:geo depends on donations, I think that what it said.

It violates the TOU - maybe they will use the public API when available and get 'legal'.

I would like to say that I paid for the Geocaching app for my HTC Thunderbolt and have had nothing but problems with it. When I try to look at the details of a cache it continues to force close on me. The only time it seems to work is when I am not in 4G service. All I can say is for $9.99 and not wanting to break the TOS I will suffer through it. Because what else can one do.

Here are some alternative geocaching apps:

Geocaching

Geobeagle

Columbus

Geohunter

I checked them out and none seem as good as the previous one I mentioned

But as another poster said, I dont want to break the TOS, so Ill use the Groundspeak app as I prefer paperless caching. Its a "nice" app but maybe a little different then the one Ive used up to this point. Im sure I'll get used to it, after all its about hunt and find. TFTHelp!

Edited by laserguided

Here are some alternative geocaching apps:

Geocaching

Geobeagle

Columbus

Geohunter

I checked them out and none seem as good as the previous one I mentioned

But as another poster said, I dont want to break the TOS, so Ill use the Groundspeak app as I prefer paperless caching. Its a "nice" app but maybe a little different then the one Ive used up to this point. Im sure I'll get used to it, after all its about hunt and find. TFTHelp!

You can still use c:geo if you are having trouble with other apps. You just can't connect to GC.com, load any cache details or log your find from it. Get the coords, hints and descriptions from the caches you want to find from GC.com, go the the "Any Destination" screen and manually input the GPS Coordinates and navigate to it as you usually do. After you find it, go to the website and log your find from there. It is a temporary fix and very cumbersome, but if you don't have a GPS, it can keep you cachin' till you can get one. I have one coming from Amazon and that is what I'm doing till I receive it

Hope that helps.