Looking for GPS (preferably garmin)

I have a Garmin GPS 45 (which was given to me at an event I hosted last year) you can have if you pay the shipping.

I looked the 45 up and it does not look appealing to me..thanks anyway-

i'm sorry but i have to LMAO at your comment

you're looking the gift horse in the mouth eh?

I have a Garmin GPS 45 (which was given to me at an event I hosted last year) you can have if you pay the shipping.

I'd take you up on that offer if you please. We just started but are only using an iPhone and want a gps to be able to Place a proper cache and be able to cache out of cell range. My boys love to be out hiking and this just adds to the fun...let me know.

I have a Garmin 45 that I bought way before Geocaching. If fact I still have it as it was my first GPS. Nice GPS. Back in 2001 I looked for a cache in a heavy forest near here and It lost the signal, so I went out and bought a Maggie 330 and found the cache. It did fairly well in my van type RV and an eternal passive antenna on the road. Sorry< I didn't read all the answers and now can't edit it.

Edited by W7WT

"The reason I don't want the 45 is that it is a discontinued product..."

Well, looking at our arsenal of GPS units that we currently use to find geocaches.....

Nuvi 200....discontinued

Exlorist 400...dicontinued

Exlorist 210...dicontinued

Delorme PN-20...discontinued

fegan offered help for your situation, but your entitlement mindset got in the way. Good luck with that.

Okay to clear some stuff...

I am truly grateful to fega n for offering his 45 but After having a hands on with one at my friends place it seemed inssufeicent to get one. I hope people don't think I should take the first offer that is laid down at the table. The reason I prefer garmin is because i already have experience with their products and the software is already installed on my conputer. Thanks.

I am truly grateful to fega n for offering his 45 but After having a hands on with one at my friends place it seemed inssufeicent to get one. I hope people don't think I should take the first offer that is laid down at the table. The reason I prefer garmin is because i already have experience with their products and the software is already installed on my conputer. Thanks.

Um, if I were wanting to go caching and I had lost my GPSr, I'd take whatever was offered to me, especially if it were free. You mentioned that you had a budget of $100 for a unit. You can buy a new one for that much, so if a model is so BENEATH you to take, I'd whip out the old wallet and pony up some money.

Personally, I wouldn't give you a thing with that attitude.

Honestly, you've been offered something that seems to do the job you want, you only have to pay the postage, but as far as I can see you're saying it's not good enough.

What did you expect to get for nothing? I've got an old Garmin Geko 201 floating about somewhere and I wouldn't let that go for free unless it was to someone I knew.