Gps accuracy

So I am new to this game and I am using my android Galaxy S 4g phone. My husband is using a G2 android phone. We go geocaching together and he always finds the cache because my gps is always70 to 80 feet off. My location seems to be accurate but the cache seems to be off. I have downloaded several apps that I thought might help but had no luck. Gps test and a couple of others. So frustrated. Is there anything I can do? I would be ok if it was 30 feet off. Any advice appreciated.

Get yourself a bluetooth GPS which will only cost your £15 or so (plenty on ebay). Turn off your phones GPS and use this to connect to your phone and you'll find the accuracy will improve a LOT!

I bought a Holux GPSlim236 for my Galaxy, before getting a Colorado :)

Seconding the suggestion of the BT gps.

I have a Galaxy S variant and all these phones are known for having poor GPS.

Didn't think your newer 4g model would have the problem, but I'm not surprised.

I went with the BT option and it works very well. However, these phones also often have poor compasses as well.

I am using my android Galaxy S 4g phone. My husband is using a G2 android phone. We go geocaching together and he always finds the cache because my gps is always70 to 80 feet off.

Clue #1: The highlighted portion(s) tell the story. That is, if you tell the story correctly.

Your unit is off, be it the phone, or the program app. I'm guessing it would be the chipset in the phone. Changing apps probably won't help the phone work any better.

Clue #2: If he always finds the cache because his phone is on, how would that make the placement off?

Clue #3: Re-read Clue #1 and use it in conjunction with Clue #2.

Membership has nothing to do with how your phone operates.

Because outside of that application my gps locates me accurately. Within 10 feet at least. I guess I just don't understand all this. So my location is accurate but the cache location is off.

Within 10 feet is good. When someone places a cache they can be off by a bit, so add to that your phone can be off a bit. Once you get near it's time to put the smartphone or GPS away and start searching in all the likely places.

Oh and feel free to ignore the rude posters in this thread, they know they should be a little more forgiving to a self proclaimed newbie.