Deleting geocaches from Oregon 450

The only way is to delete the .GPX file that originally contained the data for that cache. In the [drive]:\garmin\gpx folder.

Best practice is to frequently delete all and reload new. That way you never cache with outdated data.

Ok. How do I delete all?

Thanks.

Hook your Garmin up to the computer and use My Computer to look on your unit and delete the gpx file as StarBrand suggested. You will not see the caches, just the gpx file.

It worked, thanks. Am I the only one who finds this clumsy?

Yes. Now turn and face Olathe, KS for the required kowtowing before they release another bug, I mean feature. :laughing:

It's clumsy if you load the caches one at a time, because you have to go find the individual .gpx files to delete them. The idea, though, is to load SETS of caches using .gpx files generated through pocket queries. I have several pocket queries that run once a week, which I copy over the existing ones. Since the queries don't contain my found caches, I NEVER have to manually remove caches - - they just automatically disappear!

It's clumsy if you load the caches one at a time, because you have to go find the individual .gpx files to delete them. The idea, though, is to load SETS of caches using .gpx files generated through pocket queries. I have several pocket queries that run once a week, which I copy over the existing ones. Since the queries don't contain my found caches, I NEVER have to manually remove caches - - they just automatically disappear!

The caches were NOT loaded one at a time. They were loaded as sets. If you're happy, fine. I find I can't do things on this new unit that I could do on units from years ago. The only improvement is the paperless feature.

I would like to remove caches in the field as I find them. I could do this on the first unit I had 9 years ago. I didn't have to wait.

You can still do that. Just load the caches as waypoints like you did in the old days. Waypoints are editable from the GPS but you will not have the paperless benefit. Caches can be loaded 3 ways; geocaches, waypoints and POI’s. Geocaches cannot be edited from the GPS. You enter your log attempt as found and the caches are put in a different category. You just simply over write the old Pocket Query with new to get rid of them.

I would like to remove caches in the field as I find them. I could do this on the first unit I had 9 years ago. I didn't have to wait.

I guess my question is why? Once you log them as found, they do not show up on the unit.

Agreed - I see no point in deleting them in the field - just mark them as found and you won't be confused by them in any way on the unit. I actually like it and do not find it clumsy in any way.

I guess my question is why? Once you log them as found, they do not show up on the unit.

I think the real issue is not deleting found caches, but deleting caches you DNF'ed or caches that you aren't interested in chasing from your handset in the field. To date, I've not found a way to do this.

Hello.....a newb here. When I read Cacheoholic's reply I thought I had found the perfect answer....nice and simple - right. Well not quite, the 'did not finds' and the 'unattempteds' are still in my 'to do' list. It still seems the only way to remove them from the lineup is to mark them as 'found'........and that just flies in the face of logic. But thanks, it sure sounded like the solution. If you have another please share with an Oregon 450 user. Thanks