Geocaching.com should create a leader board

rjt

I was actually looking for something like this on the site. I wanted to get in touch with some of the experienced cachers to get info on how to get started. There are plenty of good resources on the site for that but nothing beats talking with someone with a proven track record! I'm all for it. As far as being a members only thing, that's cool. Just allow people who are not members to count their caches once they become members.

Rock on all!

Rich

Yea, it's an "op-in" system. Spread the word and people will join and the list will get more accurate.

quote:
Originally posted by Pear Head:

Great, except it doesn't list everyone. For example, it appears that Minnesota has only one Geocacher. Oklahoma's stats are missing a whole bunch of people, thus giving a false leaderboard.

mystats.php?userid=CacheMonkeez&vopt=&txtdata=Stats%20Rule!&bgcol=ffff99&fgcol=000066

quote:
Originally posted by CacheMonkeez:

There is a leaderboard

I looked at this a little bit yesterday and it doesn't hold a candle to the old stat site.

For a site to be meaningful to me it must list every one.

The opt in part makes it useless.

I looked at NJ stats and there is no Stayfloopy or BassonPilot. (yet B/P is on overall leader board?)

I wish someone would start up a site similiar to Dan's! (If only I would hit the lottery I would commision a site myself.)

quote:
Originally posted by CacheMonkeez:

There is a leaderboard http://www.keenpeople.com

http://www.keenpeople.com/stats/

I don't like that you have to type in your own stats; it should pull them from GC.com. Currently this is wide open to abuse. And even if people opt-in the stats might not be correct if EVERYONE doesn't stay on top of them.

Good layout, and I'm glad someone is trying this, but these stats aren't very useful.

--RuffRidr

quote:
Originally posted by RuffRidr:

I don't like that you have to type in your own stats; it should pull them from GC.com. Currently this is wide open to abuse. And even if people opt-in the stats might not be correct if EVERYONE doesn't stay on top of them.

Good layout, and I'm glad someone is trying this, but these stats aren't very useful.

--RuffRidr

Can you get whatever data you would need from Groundspeak? icon_confused.gif

quote:
Originally posted by RuffRidr:

I don't like that you have to type in your own stats; it should pull them from GC.com. Currently this is wide open to abuse.

Indeed. How ironic that an Admin. who is charged with 'keeping people honest' on this website was among the first to submit bogus numbers on that site.

What's that old quote about "the inmates running the asylum?"