Garmin 450 on sale, lowest price I've seen

WadeH

I've been wanting to move to a unit that supports paperless caching for quite a while and finally decided on the Oregon 450 a few weeks ago. Yesterday I found a price I couldn't pass up and thought I'd share with the groop if anyone else is thinking of getting one. Cabela's (www.cabelas.com) has them in stock at $249.99 with $4.99 shipping (believe the shipping offer expires on 3/29, not sure about the sale price on the unit). I ordered mine last night and can't wait to see how I like it! Happy Caching!!!!

I've been wanting to move to a unit that supports paperless caching for quite a while and finally decided on the Oregon 450 a few weeks ago. Yesterday I found a price I couldn't pass up and thought I'd share with the groop if anyone else is thinking of getting one. Cabela's (www.cabelas.com) has them in stock at $249.99 with $4.99 shipping (believe the shipping offer expires on 3/29, not sure about the sale price on the unit). I ordered mine last night and can't wait to see how I like it! Happy Caching!!!!

I bought mine on that same sale from Cabelas about 3 weeks ago (in person @ the Phoenix location). I love mine so far!

Hello,

I ordered one monday. They said they were bacordered. Got an e-mail saing they expected to recieve on friday 3/25. I received it on wed. 3/23. Very happy :rolleyes:

Use coupon code: 2WFREE

Free shipping over $150

My first GPSr looking forward to trying this hobby.

Best price I've seen for this unit, ever, was $240 with free shipping during Black Friday 2010 by gpscity.com. Since this is a geocaching forum and not a time travel forum, information is provided as trivia only.

Here's the manual on geocaching with the Oregon that Garmin should have written:

http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/Geocaching

Thats a great instruction guide....I saved it.

I hit the same sale also and got mine a couple of weeks ago. I'm field testing it and have done about 300 hunts along with a 60 CSx and Magellan Platinum. My wife used it at first and she seemed off quite a bit.....also on the compass screen you could move around and the reading would not change...I was going to return it. I reset the caching mode from WAAS to NORMAL and used it myself for a whole day and it did great except for one cache which I was way off on. My wife used it the next day and all was perfect ( we had 2000 caches loaded which more than covered our hunt area.) I found the display fine regardless of sun/shade ( it was REALLY sunny all four days ) Regarding batteries, I start out with hot NIMH rechargeables and once I went all day without a change and the other three days I had to change them once....field calibration is a snap but the last three battery changes didn't affect the compass at all so I didn't bother. The paperless feature and all else about this unit is really impressive......instead of returning it I may want another.

Still, if I were putting forth a lot of effort to get to a hide I also want my 60 CSx or Platinum around also just in case.....I don't think you can beat the quad-helix ant.

A few more outings will tell more but I'm very impressed. The touch screen, screen readibility in sun,and battery usage that you read negative things about I've found to be no problem.

The other thread on this deal mentioned backorder and how Cabela's is still shipping them out in a timely fashion.

I'm going to hit up the local Cabela's shop today to see if they have any in stock. Played with this model last week in New Jersey--a friend (the one who introduced me to caching) loves his.

I did notice a few days before I ordered that the web site had it listed as backordered... I shyed away from ordering for that reason but now wish I'd ordered sooner.. I'd be playing now!!! In any case.. mine should be here Monday!

That sale appears to be done.

I went to bed thinking about buying one, and woke up to

it being 'on sale' for $349 :mad:

Gives a really literal twist to "You snooze, you lose", eh?:huh: It's not the first time one of the major retailers has run them at this price. Don't be surprised if you see a $250 deal again.

Waiting for mine to show up says it will be here on the 30th. Was going to buy the 62s but for this price I went ahead and got this one.

When I ordered mine on the evening of the 24th the site said deliver on 4/1/11. I just checked the order status and said it was left on my porch at noon today.. can't wait to get home from work and check it out! Hopefully yours will be sooner too!!!!!

Wow, really glad I found the last one at the local Cabela's yesterday. They gave me the display unit since it's all they had left.

They were advertising the $349 price as a sale but when I mentioned the web site they were eager to accommodate.

Well... got mine yesterday... loaded it up with GSAK and grabbed my first cache with it over my lunch break today... what a difference from my old coal powered eTrex Legand !!!!! (OK.. I know.. it's old technology, but it's served me well for about 8 years, including one year in Afghanistan!!!!)... I have a feeling I'm really gonna get spoiled with this upgrade!!!!!!

Happy Caching!!