kellyhaunts

G'day gang,

Just wanted to introduce myself as I have only just recently come on board. Today I found my first Cache after my second attempt.....now that I have a feel of it I'm sure it will become a lot easier.....I hope :unsure:

I'm planning to go out out tomorrow (weather permitting) and tackle a few more caches from the SE (F/ston).....I'm also keen to meet members & perhaps go out & tackle a few caches together...... until then, happy hunting :)

Regards,

Joe (kellyhaunts)

Welcome to the game. I'm fairly new myself. Read everything you can to find out about caching. When looking for a new cache to find don't be afraid to read the logs or hint for help in what you are searching for and where it might be found.

....and don't be afraid of logging the DNF (Did Not Find) log - it isn't a demerit of any kind - just a useful statement of fact.

I second that, plus caching in the rain is fun!

I'm planning to go out out tomorrow (weather permitting)

Regards,

Joe (kellyhaunts)

Congrats and welcome! But drop that "weather permitting" thing. You'll soon find that the compulsion drives you in any weather, any time of day or night. :ph34r:

On the main page scroll way down to geocaching groups by region/state. Click on your location and see what events are coming up. I have met many local cachers this way. They make you feel very welcome at the meetings/events and will help you with any questions you have. You may even find a new geocaching buddy too. Welcome to the addiction called geocaching.