CITO 2011

hydnsek

Calling all cachers - Spring is CITO time, so help us thank our many great parks for their support for geocaching by showing them some CITO love. Groundspeak's 9th annual CITO weekend is April 30 - May 1, but we hope to schedule events across the state throughout April and May, so everyone can attend one in their area. Don't see one near you? Set one up, it's easy!

And despite the name, CITO (Cache In, Trash Out) isn't limited to picking up trash and debris. It can include invasive-plant removal, native plant restoration, even trail-building - basically, whatever type of volunteer work the park needs. Read more.

Here's a list of Washington CITOs scheduled so far by WSGA chapter area, and I'll update this post as more are published. Thanks to everyone who's organizing or participating in these events to support our parks!

Puget Sound

Feb. 5, Lynnwood - Lynndale CITO

Mar 19, DuPont - Sequalitchew Creek Watershed Restoration

Apr 16, Everett - This CITO's a Beach

Apr 16, Bellevue - Bellevue Parks Arbor Day CITO

Apr 23, Duvall - Taylor Park CITO

Apr 30, Bellevue - 4th Annual Cougar Mountain CITO

June, Mt Rainier - 5th Annual Mount Rainier CITO

48 North

Apr 9, Arlington - Pilchuck Paths: Trail Maintenance at the PTF

Inland Empire

Feb. 19, Spokane - CITO Uboo CITO, Good Dog!

South Central

Apr 23, Richland - Richland Parks & Recreation 2nd Annual CITO

Southwest

Apr 30, Vancouver - Vancouver Lake Park CITO

North Olympic Peninsula

??

Cache-cadia

??

Edited by hydnsek

Updated list of CITOs - Inland Empire just posted three new ones!

Puget Sound

Feb. 5, Lynnwood - Lynndale CITO

Mar 19, DuPont - Sequalitchew Creek Watershed Restoration

June, Mt Rainier - 5th Annual Mount Rainier CITO

48 North

Inland Empire

Feb. 19, Spokane - CITO Uboo CITO, Good Dog!

Apr 9, Spokane - Dishman Hills 2011 CITO

Apr 16, Clarkston - Cleaning Up the Chief, an Overnight CITO

Apr 17, Clarkston - Cleaning Up the River @ Chief Timothy CITO

South Central

Southwest

North Olympic Peninsula

??

Cache-cadia

??

Edited by hydnsek

I am pleased to announce that Magellan has chosen to sponsor the Taylor Park CITO on 4/23 in Duvall, WA. This is one of only seven CITO events chosen by Magellan from around the world. They will be donating a Magellan eXplorist GC GPS device as well as some smaller items, which we will raffle off at the CITO event. Pretty cool if you ask me. Hope to see you there!

Edited by Forty-n-Eight

I am pleased to announce that Magellan has chosen to sponsor the Taylor Park CITO on 4/23 in Duvall, WA. This is one of only seven CITO events chosen by Magellan from around the world. They will be donating a Magellan eXplorist GC GPS device as well as some smaller items, which we will raffle off at the CITO event. Pretty cool if you ask me. Hope to see you there!

COOL! :)

Edited by TheCacheSeeker

April is CITO time - we have events scheduled every Saturday this month, so come out and support our parks!

Puget Sound

48 North

Inland Empire

Apr 9, Spokane - Dishman Hills 2011 CITO

Apr 16, Clarkston - Cleaning Up the Chief, an Overnight CITO

Apr 17, Clarkston - Cleaning Up the River @ Chief Timothy CITO

South Central

Southwest

I wish I had a little more time on my hands, I'd make one in the south end happen. Anyone want to step up and organize one near Tacoma?

Great suggestion - would love to see another CITO down your way this spring. We have a lot of active cachers down there, so hopefully one of them will step up. (There was a CITO in DuPont a month or so ago, so South Sound hasn't been completely neglected.)

I added a post to the Latitude 47 blog about This CITO's a Beach. Wanna check it out?

http://blog.geocaching.com/2011/04/cache-in-trash-out-cito-a-lackeys-story/

I also mentioned the Bellevue Parks Arbor Day CITO. I wasn't there so I didn't have as much to say about that one.

THANK YOU to those folks who are attending these and an even bigger THANK YOU to those who are organizing it and giving the rest of us an opportunity to give back.

I added a post to the Latitude 47 blog about This CITO's a Beach. Wanna check it out?

http://blog.geocaching.com/2011/04/cache-in-trash-out-cito-a-lackeys-story/

I also mentioned the Bellevue Parks Arbor Day CITO. I wasn't there so I didn't have as much to say about that one.

THANK YOU to those folks who are attending these and an even bigger THANK YOU to those who are organizing it and giving the rest of us an opportunity to give back.

MissJenn, will you make a blog post about other CITO's? Just curious. :)

I don't know, CacheSeeker. If the spirit moves me to write more and if the balance of blog post topics on Latitude 47 seems to call for it, sure!

I wrote about GC2NYXE since I attended it and since it is around the the time to kick off the CITO season.

Great blog post, Jenn! Hey, April 30 is the CITO weekend and Cougar Mountain CITO 2011 - and we're back at Red Town this year, where you and Spoon! helped out at the first CITO. Sounds like another blog post to me! :P Or maybe it's Louie Bliss's turn; she'll be there.

093e0f56-1c8a-4d49-9f44-f895fb0b5b16.jpg

Hey, April 30 is the CITO weekend and Cougar Mountain CITO 2011 - and we're back at Red Town this year, where you and Spoon! helped out at the first CITO. Sounds like another blog post to me! :P Or maybe it's Louie Bliss's turn; she'll be there.

Oooh! Thanks, Abby. That was a really rewarding day.

I would indeed like to see how those native plants have turned out now that they've had some time to settle in there. I hope my calendar cooperates.

Yesterday's Cougar Mountain CITO went really well. One of the park workers (I'm horrible with names, sorry) had a comment that needs to be shared. At the very end as I was chatting with him, he said "I've heard about how good your group is, now I believe it." Well done, Hydnsek for putting this together!

Yesterday's Cougar Mountain CITO went really well. One of the park workers (I'm horrible with names, sorry) had a comment that needs to be shared. At the very end as I was chatting with him, he said "I've heard about how good your group is, now I believe it." Well done, Hydnsek for putting this together!

If you host it, they will come!