New Cache not being reviewed/published

HappyJacks

I am new to geocaching and really enjoying it. My wife and I have found some lovely local walks we weren't aware of.

Last Sunday I placed my first cache (GC2PTD1) but it remains unpublished with the following notes in red at the top:

Cache Issues:

This cache has not been reviewed yet. Once it is published, it will be listed on the site. Check the logs to see if the reviewers have left a note for this listing.

The reviewers will not see this listing until you enable it.

This cache is temporarily unavailable. Read the logs below to read the status for this cache.

1. I cannot see any reviewer notes on the bottom

2. I have enabled it - a couple of times (and left a brief note for the reviewer regarding actual placement).

A week seems quite a long time to wait - or am I being impatient?

Any guidance from more experienced geocachers would be really appreciated.

Colin

Edited by HappyJacks

This cache is temporarily unavailable. Read the logs below to read the status for this cache.

The quoted part is your problem. You MUST check that box to enable the cache in order for the reviewer can even see it!

The box that precedes this statement:

Enable cache listing. It is ready for review. (If the listing is not yet ready to be reviewed, uncheck this box.) Note: Only 'Enabled' cache listings are visible to the reviewer.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Sorry, I didn't read the OP close enough the first time. I see that you have enabled it (a couple of times).

Not for sure, but I think you need to stay away from the enable button. It's possible that each time you do that, you move the submitted cache to the back of the reviewer's queue for review.

Now, just in case -- any reviewer note would be in the form of a log, just as if somebody had found the cache. Waaaay down at the bottom.

The quoted part is your problem. You MUST check that box to enable the cache in order for the reviewer can even see it!

Enable cache listing. It is ready for review. (If the listing is not yet ready to be reviewed, uncheck this box.) Note: Only 'Enabled' cache listings are visible to the reviewer.

Gitchee-Gummee is correct, you need to enable the listing.

Patience happy cacher. Your reviewer is a VOLUNTEER. He may be working, or even on vacation. I have had caches published within minuets of submitting and have waited over a week. Be patient, and smell the flowers.

Sounds reasonable!

I know our local reviewer is about because he/she just published his/her own first cache but it may be just work load or something.

Hopefully soon.

Sorry, I didn't read the OP close enough the first time. I see that you have enabled it (a couple of times).

Not for sure, but I think you need to stay away from the enable button. It's possible that each time you do that, you move the submitted cache to the back of the reviewer's queue for review.

Now, just in case -- any reviewer note would be in the form of a log, just as if somebody had found the cache. Waaaay down at the bottom.

This wouldn't be the case. A cache is listed in the reviewer's queue by GC#, so its position doesn't change no matter how many times it is enabled and disabled or updated.

If the page says: "The reviewers will not see this listing until you enable it." then the only explanation is that it is not enabled.

I just took a look and Happy Jack's page is enabled and awaiting its turn in the queue. It no longer says "The reviewers will not see this listing until you enable it." so he must have enabled it along the way.

So see Bergie Bunche's post. Be patient. The reviewer will get to it

Gitchee-Gummee is correct, you need to enable the listing.

Also, after enabling the cache you will need to scroll to the bottom of the page and check the boxes beside

"Yes. I have read and understand the guidelines for listing a cache."

and

"Yes. I have read and agree to the terms of use agreement."

and finish by clicking the "Report new listing" button.

The cache was enabled on 13 March so there's no need to worry unless the owner doesn't hear something by 16 March. The UK reviewers have a well earned reputation for prompt service, so expect to hear from one of them soon.

I fear that as suggested I have pushed it down the pile by activating it again :( ... I originally activated on 6th but have made a couple of edits (the latest today with a hint) which seem to 'reset' the activate date.

Ho hum - will keep my hands off the keyboard.

Also, after enabling the cache you will need to scroll to the bottom of the page and check the boxes beside

and

It seems one has to do this each time one edits the listing and then it resends everything. I left some reviewer notes when I originally activated it last Sunday and every time I edit it (add a hint for example) I get an email saying that the notes have been posted (and it see it added an entry to the log again). I would have thought the database would flag that the T&Cs had been agreed to the first time.

This is why i suspect that I messed it up by editing it after I had activated it (i.e. either deactivated it somehow or sent it to the bottom of the review pile!).

Edited by HappyJacks

and

It seems one has to do this each time one edits the listing and then it resends everything. I left some reviewer notes when I originally activated it last Sunday and every time I edit it (add a hint for example) I get an email saying that the notes have been posted (and it see it added an entry to the log again). I would have thought the database would flag that the T&Cs had been agreed to the first time.

This is why i suspect that I messed it up by editing it after I had activated it (i.e. either deactivated it somehow or sent it to the bottom of the review pile!).

If you edit it even years from now after publication - you will have to recheck those boxes - each and every time.

As noted from one of the reviewers above - you DO NOT go to the bottom of the list with each edit. You activated it on the 13th and it is awaiting review.

If you edit it even years from now after publication - you will have to recheck those boxes - each and every time.

As noted from one of the reviewers above - you DO NOT go to the bottom of the list with each edit. You activated it on the 13th and it is awaiting review.

Thanks - that is not a problem.

I still know that I checked the 'activate' box when I posted last Sunday and then again when I edited it on Monday and it would seem that it wasn't active until I did it again today after adding a hint. On Friday (11th March) I clicked on the 'Activate Listing' under 'Navigation' and it would seem it still didn't activate. Maybe something local to me (web browser or such) so I will just have to be careful next time. I now notice that the 'Navigation' now shows 'Disable Listing' which it didn't before so it was obviously not activated previously.

I have been a computer consultant & programmer for over 25 years, so these things don't surprise me. I always assume it is something I have done wrong. :)

My wife and I are really enjoying this geocaching lark though. We manage to get out most weekends.