Missing Geocoin

pecalajo

we are team Pecalajo from Holland. Our team contains 4 team members. One of them is a 10 year old autist who likes geocaching a lot. Last year we bought him his own coin.

Now the coin is missing because other cachers are not so carefull with handling coins, and that makes him and team Pecalajo very sad.

The coin is last seen in Heinis 1 GCGWJ2

So, if you spot the Alien Coin tracking number TB3DZPW somewhere, please let us know.

Thanks for now

team Pecalajo Holland

<tracking number removed from title by moderator, reference number inserted>

Edited by Eartha

we are team Pecalajo from Holland. Our team contains 4 team members. One of them is a 10 year old autist who likes geocaching a lot. Last year we bought him his own coin.

Now the coin is missing because other cachers are not so carefull with handling coins, and that makes him and team Pecalajo very sad.

So, if you spot the Alien Coin tracking number CCWRE5 somewhere, please let us know.

Thanks for now

team Pecalajo Holland

Hi there,

Sorry your geocoin is missing, I hope it turns up again.

You should remove the tracking number (CCxxxx) from your post - this number is always meant to be keep secert so that only the owner and those who've seen the coin can log it. If you want to publish a number, publish the TB # from the geocoins home page - this is the public identify of the geocoin.

Regards,

Craig

Oh boy, it didn't get very far after you released it did it? I hope it turns up sooner or later as sometimes they do.

On another matter it's best to use the TB# if you want to make reference to a coin - in this case TB3DZPW- so people can access it without having the power to log it without actually having seen it or having handled it. The tracking # is a secret number that should only be available to those who find (to move) or see (to discover) the coin.

Regards.....

Edit to add..... I notice that the cache went missing, or a part of the multicache chain broke, and your coin's drop was the last find logged. Try contacting the cache owner to see if they are going to retrieve the cache and maybe find your coin to help it continue on it's way. My Dutch is non-existent so I couldn't decipher from the logs what actually happened there.

Edited by Droo

dear Droo and Keewee.

thanks for reply and tip for using the wright number. Unfortunatly i can not change the title of the topic to change the coins number.

Plus you also need to remove it from your original post.

As eseurat suggested, get in touch with FSM or Eartha over changing the title - they are the Geocoin Discussion forum moderators. If you are unsure how to get in touch with them just click on the Report button on your first post and get in touch that way.

Or there are links at the bottom of the main forum page for FSM, Eartha and Love :)

Edited by keewee

So, if you spot the Alien Coin tracking number TB3DZPW somewhere, please let us know.

Thanks for now

team Pecalajo Holland

dear Droo and Keewee.

thanks for reply and tip for using the wright number. Unfortunatly i can not change the title of the topic to change the coins number.

As eseurat suggested, get in touch with FSM or Eartha over changing the title - they are the Geocoin Discussion forum moderators. If you are unsure how to get in touch with them just click on the Report button on your first post and get in touch that way.

Or there are links at the bottom of the main forum page for FSM, Eartha and Love :)

I have mailed Eartha buth no result

Edited by pecalajo

Try seing if anyone can locate it through a rescue. Here's a site that let's you put in "rescue" requests: http://www.tb-rescue.com/resc_map_all.php5.

dear Red Dragon,

the site in your Quote is not working.

I believe this is the site they where directing you to;

TB Rescue

Best of luck hope it shows up for you

Glad I stopped by this thread as I have a bunch of geocoins lagging in caches for months.

To the OP, geocoins and TBs go missing fairly often. I've released over 400 geocoins myself, and over 300 of them have gone missing. As others have said, think about how you'll feel if the geocoin you released go missing, and if you think you'll feel sad or mad, don't release it. There are many cheap trackables you can purchase where you might not have that much of a personal attachment to.

Hope your coin shows up one day! I've had geocoins go missing for years before showing up again so don't give up hope!

dear Droo and Keewee.

Any time you need to fix a post, use the report button on your post. We don't want people to abuse the report button in other forums, it's generally for reporting abuse in the forums, but in the geocoin forums only we do lots of edits using the report button. I don't check my emails as often as I check these forums. I might not get that until I get home, but I can check forums throughout the day.

dear Droo and Keewee.

Any time you need to fix a post, use the report button on your post. We don't want people to abuse the report button in other forums, it's generally for reporting abuse in the forums, but in the geocoin forums only we do lots of edits using the report button. I don't check my emails as often as I check these forums. I might not get that until I get home, but I can check forums throughout the day.

Thank you very much Eartha.

greetz Pecalajo