62st....What will it do for me?

As a previous owner of a GPSMAP 60CSx and an Oregon 400t am now considering the new 62st... Anybody know wether these are 'Chirp' enabled and also does it have the facility to download fieldnotes when logging found caches? Seems as though the 2000 waypoint capability and the paperless caching facility make this a good prospect.

Valliant Knight.

I recently got a 62st. Love it! Full descriptions, logs and hints all together, and great reception.

I have a question if anyone can help. When I download geocaches via EasyGPS it doesn't add the decription, logs or hint. But when I use 'send to my GPS' it includes everything, but has to be done one at a time. Is there a better program?

Thanks

I recently got a 62st. Love it! Full descriptions, logs and hints all together, and great reception.

I have a question if anyone can help. When I download geocaches via EasyGPS it doesn't add the decription, logs or hint. But when I use 'send to my GPS' it includes everything, but has to be done one at a time. Is there a better program?

Thanks

Use Pocket Queries on Geocaching.com :anitongue:

I switched from an Colorado and am happy with the switch.

Main improvements for me:

No more (at least so far) location drift

3-axis compass (finally a compass that is actually useful)

better daylight readability (similar to the 60CS that I had a long time ago)

Thanks

You do not need a separate third party program. Take the gpx file from the pocket query and copy it to the garmin\gpx folder of your unit (or the equivalent folder on an sd card, which sometimes is a bit more stable for me). I occasionally use GSAK to edit the gpx files, and export the resulting change to the unit. But the only thing that is necessary is to copy and paste.

Edited by mulvaney