do i log this?

Little Miss Muffet

I am still fairly new at this and I found what I thought was a tb but now after reading the page I find it isn't. Im guessing that its a signature item left in a cache ???

The reference no is TB2PDNY

The page says that the tb is a keychain that the owner always keeps and that he leaves seashells in caches that he visits for people to discover.

I found a seashell. It has a number on it. It isn't logged at the cache I found it as a trackable.

What's the etiquette on how to handle this?

Do I log it as discovered? Do I put it in another cache?

Thanks for helping a confused newbie.

No you shouldn't. If you don't see the actual TB you shouldn't log it. What he is doing is spewing multiple TB locations using one TB number.

Also you should never post the tracking number, use the reference number. See post at top of the travel bug. forum.

Lastly if a mod see this the spewer could end up with his TB locked because of what he is doing.

I read the TB page. That sure is a confusing system. It sounds like you ARE supposed to log the shell.

I don't blame you for being confused about this. I've never seen anything like it.

You are correct the page says to log the shells. The guidelines prohibit that. As stated if spotted by a reviewer/moderator he could find it locked for allowing those logs.

Edited by Walts Hunting

You may log the TB he carries on his pack, if you see it in person, but the shells should not even be released. Do not log the shells. He is risking having his TB locked for good by abusing the tracking number in this manner.

I found one of these shells and someone had tossed it out of the cache. I now see why.