PUTTING A TB IN A PREVIOUSLY FOUND CACHE

WoodsyFeller

What I want to know is it bad form to put a travel bug in a cache that you have found before.I picked up a travel bug a week ago 1/1/03 and starting to feel bad about not placing it yet.Ive been very busy this last week and not sure when Ill have some spare time to do more cache finds.Would just logging a note that I was just placing a bug be an appropriate.Just wanted some people oppinions on this.

quote:
Originally posted by WoodsyFeller:

What I want to know is it bad form to put a travel bug in a cache that you have found before.I picked up a travel bug a week ago 1/1/03 and starting to feel bad about not placing it yet.Ive been very busy this last week and not sure when Ill have some spare time to do more cache finds.Would just logging a note that I was just placing a bug be an appropriate.Just wanted some people oppinions on this.

IT's done quite frequently. I've done it on numerous occasions to keep the bugs moving. icon_biggrin.gif Just log it as a note that you're dropping the bug off.

I've returned several times to a geocache very near the Pittsburgh airport, to drop off or pick up travel bugs. An added benefit of going back to a previously found geocache: You already know that the cache container is watertight and large enough to hold the travel bug you're carrying. Nothing sucks worse than getting to a faraway cache where you want to drop off a bug, only to find that it's plundered/wet/tiny. Well, actually there are things that suck worse, but I never talk about my ex-wife in a public forum.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

I have done both, when i pick up a bug and get bizy but the cache i took it from is in route i do a quick stop and drop it back off to keep it moving...

Then if I plan to do a maintenance trip on my cache, before I go I usually pick up a T/B before to place in it. I just like T/B's in my caches there fun to track!

See you in the woods!

Natureboy1376

I think if you find you can't move the TB along on it's intended journey after all, then it's perfectly acceptable to place it in either a cache you've visited or one of your own.

In my book, it's also okay to pick up a TB which has been lingering for a while in one of your own caches and deposit it elsewhere.

The TB he is refering to is mine. We are waiting for it to get out again, no questions asked. This one was the first for me and my 6 year old son to release. We did 2 at the same time and this one stopped very quickly, the other has almost 3000 miles on it. Please let him go!

It's not a sport unless there is something dead in the back of the truck when you get home.