Stolen TB's

Circus Maximus

I am relativley new to the game. I left my first TB at Grand Central Station in Ca. Someone took a TB the Aqua Virgina and did not log taking it or dropping it off. This bug has been gone for a month or better. I know we can't control peoples action as far as taking them and keeping them, but can we remove the TB from the cache so it doesn't show false info of that TB being there. Maybe we can create a place for lost and missing TB's to go and if found can be removed. Kinda like a lost and found for TB's. I am sure there are other caches with the same problem.

The Rhoades

This is a good idea. I know I left a TB at the Watchung Walk a few months ago and it is MIA. I had emailed the owner about it but they havn't changed the bug in anyway.

I hate that the cache shows a TB that I left there and I know it is not there. I have thought about grabbing it but then it will show that it is in my hands which is also untrue.

But if I could drop it in a MIA or Lost TB cache I would do it.

many owners don't know that they can grab the TB back at any time, if it is reported missing or something. You might gently remind the owner that he or she has the tracking number and can grab it whether it's in the "hands" of a cacher or listed in a cache. Maybe the TB pages should have that new button that is on the cache pages saying "this bug should be archived"! icon_rolleyes.gif

Happy Trails,

Candy

Candy (moosiegirl)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralTexasGeocachers/

many owners don't know that they can grab the TB back at any time, if it is reported missing or something. You might gently remind the owner that he or she has the tracking number and can grab it whether it's in the "hands" of a cacher or listed in a cache. Maybe the TB pages should have that new button that is on the cache pages saying "this bug should be archived"! icon_rolleyes.gif

Happy Trails,

Candy

Candy (moosiegirl)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralTexasGeocachers/

Grabbing the bug back... all you have to do is log it as retrieved, as if YOU took it from the cache. You did save the 6 digit code from the copy tag, right?

In the cases like you (an interested TB owner that cares that it's been missing), if the owner knows that the bug is missing from the cache, he (the owner) can grab the bug out of the cache. That way it's not bothering the cache owner and seekers by making people think it's in the cache. If the bug shows up, the finder can grab it as they normally would from the hands of the owner with no problems or hassles. Any missing TB cache would place extra false miles on the bug.

However, I had proposed earlier that sometimes the TB owner is unresponsive to requests for removal of the bugs. If I'm a cache owner with a removed bug in my cache, I'd find it annoying if the bug owner didn't remove it.

What I had proposed as an enhancement was that cache owners have an option like "I know this bug is not in my cache, please send it home" and the bug would revert to being in the hands of the owner.

Markwell

Chicago Geocachers

My travel bug "SURF BUGGY" was stolen along with the whole cache. I'm just glag that nobody else had a traveler in my cache that could have traveled thousands of miles only to disappear at the hands of vandals. I'm going to have to make caches that take TB'S more secure. I know this is a different situation from your's but any abuse of TB'S annoys me!

I like MArwell's idea of a "send the lost bug home" button. Since the cache owner knows what's in the cache (or least should), they would be the best to send the bug packing if it should appear stagnant in the cache for an extended period. Perhaps 4 weeks after removal with no new posts?

icon_eek.gif Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son!

I like MArwell's idea of a "send the lost bug home" button. Since the cache owner knows what's in the cache (or least should), they would be the best to send the bug packing if it should appear stagnant in the cache for an extended period. Perhaps 4 weeks after removal with no new posts?

icon_eek.gif Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son!