Expedia travel tag

releasethedogs

Where do you get them?

I found out a couple of things about them: http://www.geocaching.com/expedia/

That link refers to "thousands" of those tags being released to Geocaches. This is great if you'd like to own one, due to the other thing I found out: Some people placing orders in the past few days on Geocaching.com's "Shop For Gear" site have gotten a free Expedia tag with their order. http://www.mdgps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6814

Edited by kunarion

Love the double standard. No commercial caches etc. ... unless Groundspeak profites from it. I guess they have to pay the bills somehow.

I think that there is a big difference here. Groundspeak is a for profit company. If they align themselves with another company and that makes them profits, then are doing a good job.

Allowing other companies to advertise through cache names and descriptions does not make them profits and is not in their best interest.

They have done this in the past. Jeep ran a TB campaign that lasted for four years.

I am moving this thread from the Geocaching Topics forum to the Travel Bug forum.

In passing, I remind thread participants that the Commercial guideline applies to cache listings, not to trackables. You are more than welcome to purchase 1,000 travel bugs or geocoins to promote your business or charitable cause.