groups in the Essex and London area

Hi

Was just wondering if there are any geo groups that meet up in the Essex or London area?

If so would like to get involved.

Sorry if this is not the right place to put this on.

Thanks for your time

Heather

Hi Heather

Sorry to take your thread off topic before it has even gotten going – I’m sure someone from the area will be along shortly to answer your question (I have seen events advertised down Essex-way, but I’m not sure if there is a regularly meeting group as such) – but I am drawn to your user name….

Is that ice or field hockey you are nuts about? If ice, then me too! :) And if you are a Raiders fan, then I must say that we don’t half miss you guys in the EPL this year :)

Sarah (big up the Wildcats massive!! :D)

Hi

Was just wondering if there are any geo groups that meet up in the Essex or London area?

If so would like to get involved.

Sorry if this is not the right place to put this on.

Thanks for your time

Heather

Hi Heather

Sorry to take your thread off topic before it has even gotten going – I’m sure someone from the area will be along shortly to answer your question (I have seen events advertised down Essex-way, but I’m not sure if there is a regularly meeting group as such) – but I am drawn to your user name….

Is that ice or field hockey you are nuts about? If ice, then me too! :) And if you are a Raiders fan, then I must say that we don’t half miss you guys in the EPL this year :)

Sarah (big up the Wildcats massive!! :D)

Hi Sarah,

Yes it is Ice Hockey, we have a son that played for Romford Juniors and Spitfires, and now plays for Chelmsford Warriors in ENL2.

Unfortunately the EPL is to expensive for a few teams now. We've been quite a few times to Swindon and always been made welcome and seen good games.

Happy geocaching and puck watching Sarah nice to chat too you.

Hev :)

I have just had a quick look at the events coming up in your area.

GC2FTFF in Ipswich (tonight) ... if you want to head over the border.

GC2GJRV Tower Bridge (tomorrow night)

GC2EWTG near Colchester (Weds 17th Nov)

Have a look at the GAGB Calendar , or use the Advanced search on the Hide & Seek cache page or the newest in UK (or your region) on the right hand side of your profile page.

.... snip....

Look for events using the google maps.

... snip.... :)

That is the way I always used to look to see if there were any events in the area when I was working away from home. However, so many times I clicked on them to look at the details, only to be disappointed coz the event was already past.

If only the event holders would archive their events. :)

Currently in the UK there are 104 events listed .... of which 61 have already pasted (ok, some have only just happened ... but some are 6mths ago now) :)

There are meet-ups in the London area almost every month.

These are organised by a chap named goldpot. Always fun and a great place to meet fellow geo-nutters.

Look for events using the google maps. Or set up a notification on the GC.com pages. :)

They do take place every month! :)

You (and everyone) will be most welcomed.

ok thanks for your help everyone, will look into the london events, unfortunately those that have been mentioned we cannot make but I'm sure something will come along that we can attend.

Heather

You can of course have an event out in your neck of the woods. Just pick a day and a time to suit you. Find a suitable venue then submit your event. Then as they say Bobs your uncle. It is really really easy.

Essex cachers meet every other month - you have already said you can't make the next one, but the one after that will be in January.

Each event is hosted by a different cacher and it moves around the county. Come along and say hi - they are a friendly bunch and are keen to meet new blood

You could also look out for an SXparx event next one will be a CITO in the New Year.

Edited by SXParx