Send to GPS not working for GARMIN Oregon 450

joeyblue

Hello,

today I get always the error message "Can't get it to run?" when I try to send Geocache data to my GPS device GARMIN Oregon 450.

I'm using Firefox 3.6.12 with Win XP and installed the CommunicatorPlugin_292 and the USBDrivers_23 from GARMIN homepage new.

The GARMIN Communicator Plugin Test page shows me the following successful test result:

Communicator Plugin is properly installed and up to date, version 2.9.2.0.

Garmin GPS device is detected and communicating properly: Oregon 450 (Unit ID 3804....)

Is it possible that Geocaching Webpage does not support GARMIN devices due to wrong update of the webpage?

Regards,

joeyblue

I'm seeing the same issue with the same brower/OS/communicator versions. I think I used SendToGPS as recently as Thursday or Friday.

It looks like you've found the problem over at the feedback forum as well, it seems to be a common issue:

http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/7586...nture?ref=title

I used the download feature earlier today and now it wont work for me either, maybe a a site problem.

Edited by shantz_uk_&_cleverclogs

I'm seeing the same issue with the same brower/OS/communicator versions. I think I used SendToGPS as recently as Thursday or Friday.

It looks like you've found the problem over at the feedback forum as well, it seems to be a common issue:

http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/7586...nture?ref=title

It seems for me to be a problem of the Geocaching.com webpage, because there are already other threads dealing with the same topic. What is the right way to report such an error to get a reply (or better a solution) as soon as possible?

This doesn't directly answer your question, but instead of loading caches individually, why aren't you grouping them into Pocket Queeries? No messing with the plug-in, and it's much easier to find and remove/replace found caches by deleting the .gpx it's contained in, since you named the file.
I've been wondering about that all day. We must have half a dozen threads asking this question for one model or another, and fully half of the people saying they have a problem are premium members. I was very surprised to see how many still use the "Send to GPS" feature.

Hello,

today I get always the error message "Can't get it to run?" when I try to send Geocache data to my GPS device GARMIN Oregon 450.

I'm using Firefox 3.6.12 with Win XP and installed the CommunicatorPlugin_292 and the USBDrivers_23 from GARMIN homepage new.

The GARMIN Communicator Plugin Test page shows me the following successful test result:

Communicator Plugin is properly installed and up to date, version 2.9.2.0.

Garmin GPS device is detected and communicating properly: Oregon 450 (Unit ID 3804....)

Is it possible that Geocaching Webpage does not support GARMIN devices due to wrong update of the webpage?

Regards,

joeyblue

This doesn't directly answer your question, but instead of loading caches individually, why aren't you grouping them into Pocket Queeries? No messing with the plug-in, and it's much easier to find and remove/replace found caches by deleting the .gpx it's contained in, since you named the file.

That's correct and I also use pocket queries. But sometimes I need to download a single cache e.g. a new one or a special cache near to a location where I want to go. And for such a case I like to use the quick 'Sent to GPS' button, to save time. By the way I had never problems with the download before.

That's correct and I also use pocket queries. But sometimes I need to download a single cache e.g. a new one or a special cache near to a location where I want to go. And for such a case I like to use the quick 'Sent to GPS' button, to save time. By the way I had never problems with the download before.

Got it!

I keep a bookmark named "Extra" for that purpose. I just run a quick PQ for that bookmark.

I've been wondering about that all day. We must have half a dozen threads asking this question for one model or another, and fully half of the people saying they have a problem are premium members. I was very surprised to see how many still use the "Send to GPS" feature.

I use it all the time to download singleton caches - usually new caches where I'm going for a FTF where I don't want to deal with generating a PQ, GSAK, etc. Of course downloading the GPX file is a pretty easy workaround!

I use it all the time to download singleton caches - usually new caches where I'm going for a FTF where I don't want to deal with generating a PQ, GSAK, etc. Of course downloading the GPX file is a pretty easy workaround!

I can picture it for singletons -- rather, it's all the users saying "The sky is falling! I can't go caching tomorrow if this doesn't work!" ... while owning a premium membership -- that I don't get. While the PQ may at first look a little daunting, it's really pretty straightforward, and once set up, doesn't usually need tweaking much until you've found a lot of them. Best use of the $30 membership IMHO.