Please help will not send to my GPS

treebug808

Can't get it to run? Try installing the latest plugin here

The above is the message I recieve. I did a test on the garmin and everything is installed. Never had this issue before. Really had a big day of caching planned tommorrow. Please help!

We are having the same problem with our Garmin Oregon 400T and I have a couple of friends who are having the same issue with their Garmin Oregon 550T.

All updates made, cleared cache on pc and still nothing will transfer from geocaching.com to gps. My computer and the Garmin site recognizes the GPS and Garmin Test page shows everything correctly installed.

I sure hope they fix this problem quickly as I had a big weekend run planned and was about to download all the GPX files today :santa: Bummer.

P.S. Windows Vista, Windows 7 & MAC all are experiencing this same problem by the way!

Edited by rosecrew

To answer ao318's question ...

yes, I can download a loc file to my computer, and then upload it to the gps successfully from mapsource. I can also transfer from the gps (A Garmin extrex Venture HC) back up to mapsource. And like others, the Garmin download site can see my GPS and my Device Manager properly identifies the GPS.

I'm running Firefox 3.6.12 on a PC.

Ok, I created a new, never run before, PQ of an area I have never been to. I submitted it and it was created in about 2 minutes. I was then able to open it with Mapsource and GSAK and then place those caches onto my 60CSX, Legend HCX, and my Delorme PN.

My recommendation for those that are PM's is to do this process for the area that you are going to visit tomorrow. I usually only use the "Download to GPS" tab when a new cache has appeared near me, otherwise I run a PQ of the area I want to visit that day and update GSAK and then load the caches onto my GPSr.

Good luck.

Are you able to run a PQ and have that emailed to you and then install it using a different type of software like mapsource, GSAK, etc. This is what I would try.

Yes, I can run a PQ, read it into GSAK, and load it into my PN-60. What I can't do is open a cache page and download into the PN-60 directly. The dialog window will open but the attached PN-60 is not detected and the dialog window displays a download button for the plug-in it can't find. Clicking that button does not download or otherwise enable the plug-in.

I am having the same problem and contacted Garmin support and learned they have had many calls today with the same issue and suggested it's on the geocaching.com end. Are you reading these .com I want to go caching tomorrow

Run a PQ, download a .loc file, or download a .GPX file. Open any of these with GSAK, Mapsource, TOPO 8 or 9 from delorme, or some other software program and then load them to your GPS with that software.

The above is the message I recieve. I did a test on the garmin and everything is installed. Never had this issue before. Really had a big day of caching planned tommorrow. Please help!

Whew! I thought it was me.. but I get the same message and have done the plug-in install and test... wtf??

Whew! I thought it was me.. but I get the same message and have done the plug-in install and test... wtf??

The problem is still there today. I wanted to load a couple of caches that I was going to hit on a run I am about to leave on. Will have to enter coords manually as there were not enough caches I wanted to load to warrant a PQ.

Run a PQ, download a .loc file, or download a .GPX file. Open any of these with GSAK, Mapsource, TOPO 8 or 9 from delorme, or some other software program and then load them to your GPS with that software.

Garmin 450 on Firefox, Safari or Chrome (didn't work in past either) for a mac. All plug-ins are up to date and test properly. I see I'm not the only one with the issue which is great. :santa: Is this something that will be fixed by any chance? I loved the ease of use of that application. I'm not sure I understand the above directions-bit too advanced for me at this point. :santa:

Same is happening to me; I feel better knowing I'm not alone. It makes sense that it is an issue with Groundspeak and not Garmin as Garmin recognizes and is communicating with my GPS.

I am so not computer savvy and most of what was being said for alternatives was flying over my head. I was just about to start entering caches manually, as that I CAN do, when I saw alldatndensum's post. Thank you, thank you as I would not have thought to look at the Garmin site. So for the others who are technologically challenged, it's easy... I just went to the Garmin web site, myGarmin, myExtras, then clicked Go Geocaching. However, from what I can see it will only let you load 5 caches that are within the same area per day per unit. So I put 5 on my GPS, 5 on my son's. Tomorrow I'll do the same if I still can't send caches directly to the GPS from Geocaching. Nice to know there are alternatives, the worst being having to enter it manually. Just goes to show technological glitches can't stop a geocacher! :santa:

the workaround for premium members is to simply click the GPX button and save the file to the device manually. at least for the more modern devices this is effectively the same as using the plugin.

for basic members, there's a more quirky workaround. click the "send to GPS" button and switch around the device types a bit. then switch to garmin and view the page source (ctrl+U). scroll down to the second half, search for "datastring". copy and paste the complete content of the textarea, starting with "<?xml" and up to and including "</gpx>" into a format free text editor, such as notepad. save that file to your device and give it a file extension of .gpx.