Haiti Relief

Odyssey Voyager

In view of the terrible devastation that our neighbors in Haiti have suffered, I am donating ALL proceeds from geocoin auctions this week to the American Red Cross Haitian Relief. I will match all proceeds with my own personal donation. I ask geocoiners to bid these auctions up, and if you do not win an auction, please make a donation to the relief efforts. I also challenge geocoin sellers to donate the proceeds of one of their ebay auctions to the relief fund. Thank you to all who bid and donate. Lets keep the Haitian people in our thoughts and prayers.

American Red Cross Ebay Auction - Honu Turtle Gold Geocoin

Please scroll down to find links to all these Earthquake Relief Auctions.

Edited by Odyssey Voyager

I got it going. :lol:

thank you for bidding and thanks to everyone that has already bid on these 6 ebay auctions. keep in mind that each of these auctions are monitored completely through eBay Giving Works registered charitable listings and Administered by MissionFish. you are bidding toward a trusted worthy cause and you may also win a nice geocoin or geocoins, all while helping those in need. here are the links to the 5 other ebay geocoin auctions, so feel free to browse or bid:

pure color yellow geocoin auction

pure color berry geocoin auction

honu turtle silver geocoin auction

aphrodite trojan horse OVG auction

athena trojan horse OVG auction

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! to all that have browsed these auctioned and especially to those that have bid on these geocoins. the auctions are doing well, but i hope one more day will bring a few more bids. remember, if you do not win an auction or cannot bid on one of these geocoins, please try to make your own donation to the Haitian Relief Efforts at the charity of your choice. its difficult to imagine how blessed we are until we see those that have lost everything...or we lose everything ourselves. please continue to keep the Haitian people in your thoughts and prayers.

The geocoin auctions raised over $80 in donations. i will match that amount, for a total of $160 donated to the American Red Cross for Haitian Earthquake Relief. Thank you all for your support and bids. Congratulations to the winning bidders. My thoughts, prayers, and condolences go out to the people of Haiti. Peace.

Moderator: You may now close this thread.

I've offered up a 5th Anniversary Compass Rose (YemonYime Edition), with 100% going towards the relief efforts. I'm not a fan of eBay's MissionFish option because they charge a fee that cuts into the actual donation. I'll be sending the full amount directly to the charity/organization of the winner's choosing. I've provided some suggestions, along with a very good website that provides more detailed information on a large number of charitable organizations.

Link to auction: 5ACR-YY

Thanks to OV for reopening this thread.

Yime

I've offered up a 5th Anniversary Compass Rose (YemonYime Edition), with 100% going towards the relief efforts. I'm not a fan of eBay's MissionFish option because they charge a fee that cuts into the actual donation. I'll be sending the full amount directly to the charity/organization of the winner's choosing. I've provided some suggestions, along with a very good website that provides more detailed information on a large number of charitable organizations.

Link to auction: 5ACR-YY

Thanks to OV for reopening this thread.

Yime

thanks for accepting the challenge! i've started the bidding on this cool geocoin. i'm not a big fan of MissionFish at ebay myself either, but i use it to reassure bidders that they are not being scammed and their donation is going towards a legitimate charity. there was an issue with a bidder for another charity auction i held some time ago. anyway, to make a long story short, the bottom line is that funds are being raised to help a worthy cause, and that is really all that matters. good luck with the auction! :ph34r:

Howdy! I put in some bids today, and also put up a coin of my own for sale:

lg-Moebius_Geocoin_AE-r.jpg

Link to auction: Moebius Geocoin Artist Edition

It's an unactivated two-tone black nickel over gold version of the Moebius Geocoin. Only 20 were made.

I'll match the final price for a x2 donation and donate it all to Heifer International's Haiti Appeal. Thanks for looking, thanks for Odyssey Voyager, and thanks to everyone who's put up a coin for bid or bid on a coin!

(Edited to add a picture)

Edited by Jackalgirl
Thanks for looking, thanks for Odyssey Voyager, and thanks to everyone who's put up a coin for bid or bid on a coin!

Thank you for accepting the challenge! This is an awesome auction geocoin, I'm sure you will get many bids on it. Good luck to all with these charity auctions. Peace. :(

Thanks! I hope it does well -- if it does, I'll do the same for an Artist Edition Year of the Ox (1 of 18), too. : )

just a note, the company i work for,, Equity Residental, has started a employee effort, to raise funds for haiti. Equity is the bigist residental company for apartment housing and realestate rentals, to give you an idea how, big , our bigest competor is ALL the other companys combined. so i think our company will be able to raise im guessing in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. i myself have donated, and gotten a few residents to donate too. All of the employees on our property have donated and our supervisor has gone to the 25-30 other apartment propertys here in Colorado on friday, to get them up and running in this effort.

im not 100% sure but i think the company is matching employee funds up to a certian amount.

Just a positive note i thought i should share. :(

My first coin is item #260542623972

I hope we all can join in solidarity for this issue! Thank you for any help! I hope you would direct others to this thread because it started out as a individual sale.

tennessee jed, those are very awesome auction geocoins! i am sure they will do very well in raising donations for the Clinton Bush Haiti Fund. i encourage collectors to search TJ's other ebay auctions for some very cool charity geocoins! :(

i want to add one more thing. although this thread was started as an individual charity auction, it was also meant as a challenge to other geocoin collectors and sellers. it started out rather slow, but i see now that it is gaining some momentum, with others rising up to accept the challenge. geocoin sellers here have so far raised HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS to help Haiti Relief Efforts through the donations of many kind hearted geocoin collectors. once again, the geocaching community has proven that this sport is always giving back to help those in need. solidarity with one big gigantic heart! kudos to all!

by the way, geocaches are still being logged in Haiti:

First Ever Cache In Haiti

I've added a few:

Little Wing - AE - Purple

Here Comes The Sun - AC

ThePetersTrio of Portland personal - LE - 2-tone

I also plan to match the winning bid and donate 100% to Northwest Medical Teams International.

Thanks to the OP for starting this idea. :(

These bids close in about 5 hours.

Thanks to everyone who has placed a bid so far. I am thrilled at how well they are doing. :(

Here are different versions of my up for auction on eBay. 100% goes to the Clinton Bush Haitai Fund. Please bid high. :)

Orginal Glitter

Original Glitter

Original Hard Enamel

Mistake (15 minted)

Neon Glitter (25 minted)

Neon Hard Enamel (35 minted)

2009 Glitter (25 minted)

2009 Hard Enamel (25 minted)

2010 Hard Enamel (25 minted)

Sale dates are not in the same order.

Edited by Tennessee Jed

An hour and a half left -- thanks to everyone who's bid so far!

Edited to add: all done, and wow! I have made a donation of $160 to Heifer International for their Haiti Relief efforts. Since that went so well, keep an eye here for another sale or two. : )

Edited by Jackalgirl

Here's another geocoin auction up for Haiti Relief:

YotO_AE.jpg

Artist Edition Year of the Ox Geocoin

This is one of only 18 Artist Edition coins minted in 2009 by Cache Addict. It's a 2D/3D coin with nickel/black nickel two-tone plating and translucent enamel over semi-recessed detail. It's 1.75" in diameter and has a hole in it for the attachment of a chain, lanyard, cord, geocoin buddy, etc.

It is trackable on geocaching.com, is unactivated, and features its own unique icon:

2563.gif

As with the Moebius Geocoin, I'll be doubling the "take" and donating it to a charity that's helping in Haiti. In this case it's CHF International, which is involved in short- and long-term infrastructure work in Haiti. It's very well and good to donate tons of supplies and relief aid, but it's no good if it can't get where it's needed because the roads and ports have been destroyed, which is why infrastructure repair and improvements are so important. So your winning bid will be doubled and will go to this critical work in Haiti.

Thanks for looking and bidding!

I have made a donation of $160 to Heifer International for their Haiti Relief efforts. Since that went so well, keep an eye here for another sale or two. : )

Awesome donation! Kudos to Jackalgirl, Tennessee Jed, The Peters Trio, and Yemon Yime for their geocoin donations and auctions. A big thank you to everyone that has bid on these charity ebay auctions. Continued success to all, and I hope the relief has already reached the Haitian people that need it the most. Peace.

Here's a feel-good summary of the geocoin auctions so far (those that have ended):

Bottom Line Up-Front: $749.60

$161 to the American Red Cross

$197.50 to Northwest Medical Teams International

$200.00 to CHF International

$160.00 to Heifer International

$31.10 to the Clinton Bush Haiti Fund

And there are still plenty of auctions ongoing. Thanks for coming together as a community to use our addiction to help others! : )

Edited to fix: Odyssey Voyager matched his coin sale donations, doubling the amount going to the ARC. And it's certainly not over yet!

Edited by Jackalgirl

Another coin up:

Damselfly-AS.jpg

Damselfly Sample Geocoin (Trackable)

This is one of only two antique silver Damselfly Geocoin sample coins. It's fully trackable on geocaching.com, but uses a Cache Addict Sample Coin tracking code (so it will appear in the system as a sample coin and will not have its own unique icon). Note that Mike accidentally sent me two, but has given me permission to auction off one of them -- in essence, he's allowing me to auction off his coin. Thank you Mike!

The coin is 2D with translucent-filled cutout wings. It is 1.75" in diameter and measures approximately 2.5mm thick: the final production coin will be thicker than this, so the coin is especially unique because of its thickness.

I will double the final sale amount and donate it all to Heifer International. Thanks for looking, thanks again to Odyssey Voyager for starting all of this, and thanks to everyone for supporting relief efforts in Haiti!

(Note: rocks not included)

The totals for my sale so far is

$89.10 and $148.05 plus coming in this week!

Thanks to the Bell Witch, The Highland Geofairy, De Templier Mysterie and The Cache Reaper!!! :D

wow! fantastic auction bids! i second the thanks to all the geocoin owners here that have donated their beautiful geocoins for charity. may you all be blessed 10 fold!

I hope no one else have received a message like this:

"Why are you not concerned with all the orphans and foster children here in AMERICA??????? We have thousands who need homes. Traitor, shame on you."

I guess some people have no kindness in their heart.

That's pretty awful. I wouldn't honor people like that with a reply. And I thank you for doing something to help people in the world who are hurting. Doesn't matter where they are.

"Why are you not concerned with all the orphans and foster children here in AMERICA??????? We have thousands who need homes. Traitor, shame on you."

WOW How extremely rude. I admire the effort that goes into raising money for those in need. I also think that the sender doesn't deserve a reply.

i think 99.9% of the population doesn't see a nationality, race, or religion when others need help. a tsunami, hurricane, earthquake, terrorist attack, hunger, wildfire, or any other disaster certainly doesn't discriminate. i agree,...ignore the message, unless that person ever needs help, in which case,...we "turn the other cheek" and offer them aid. :D

peace.

i think 99.9% of the population doesn't see a nationality, race, or religion when others need help. a tsunami, hurricane, earthquake, terrorist attack, hunger, wildfire, or any other disaster certainly doesn't discriminate. i agree,...ignore the message, unless that person ever needs help, in which case,...we "turn the other cheek" and offer them aid. :ph34r:

peace.

I agree, I often find myself wondering when more people will realize that we all live on one planet.

:o:(:D This is a real message??? I mean someone actually sent this to you??? Oh!!! shame on him or her!!!! :)

We are all living in this planet.. we are all brothers and sisters!!!